What's Your Weather Like?

• Great story, lovely reminiscence and well told.

Yes I'm sure your very accommodating early morning cafe lady no doubt made sure to capitalise on there being a group of hungry schoolkids at a loose end at 6am. Though knowing the natural warmth and friendliness of Highlanders I think there'd also have been an element of genuinely wanting to look after the kids.

And - burgers for breakfast! That must have seemed like a treat. I bet in some ways that's still one of the best burgers you've ever had.

Just think, I've probably walked past the site of that cafe hundreds of times. I don't suppose there's any chance you'd recall roughly where it was eg near the river, near the station, etc?

Travelling to or from here by overnight train is very nice, especially coming back - going to sleep in the outskirts of London or Watford, waking up as the train makes its way through the mountains, moorlands and crisp air of northern Scotland... Great way to travel.

Abandon all reason

• Meanwhile, again a glorious day here. Sunny, now actually quite warm (by our standards), not a cloud to be seen. Been sitting in the garden. The forecast is for more such weather this coming week.

Abandon all reason

• Weekend here has been lovely and sunny. Really enjoyed going our for a walk (my one form of exercise I am allowed out for each day!!)

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Weekend here has been lovely and sunny. Really enjoyed going our for a walk (my one form of exercise I am allowed out for each day!!)

Yes, I am currently cherishing my daily walks and trying to find a variety of routes so I can change things up a bit each day.

We had a clear sky initially last night and I spent a while in the garden looking up, hoping to see meteors but no luck. I gather it peaks tomorrow.

Abandon all reason

• It was a pretty good burger, as I recall, and I think it wasn't too far from the river, we'd certainly been down near there.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!