What's Your Weather Like?

• Lovely, sunny day with some fluffy white clouds here in the Scottish Highlands. We took our first trip to the beach since lockdown was eased and we can travel more than 5 miles, so we spent 3 hours walking from Nairn west beach to Whiteness and back. At one point we saw about 12 people - pretty crowded for there!

Now back home and pleasantly tired. About half an hour from now I'll head back out to go around the corner to a local B&B to collect my dinner - since lockdown and not taking visitors they've diversified by offering cooked dinners each Sunday. It turned out they used to run The Creel restaurant in Orkney where the food was excellent. The Sunday meals have been great so far. Today is slow-roasted brisket with hassleback potatoes and puree cauliflower. I've got a nice dark Scottish beer in. I've worked up a good appetite.

Abandon all reason

Edited once, last by Backdrifter ().

• Lovely, sunny day with some fluffy white clouds here in the Scottish Highlands. We took our first trip to the beach since lockdown was eased and we can travel more than 5 miles, so we spent 3 hours walking from Nairn west beach to Whiteness and back. At one point we saw about 12 people - pretty crowded for there!

Now back home and pleasantly tired. About half an hour from now I'll head back out to go around the corner to a local B&B to collect my dinner - since lockdown and not taking visitors they've diversified by offering cooked dinners each Sunday. It turned out they used to run The Creel restaurant in Orkney where the food was excellent. The Sunday meals have been great so far. Today is slow-roasted brisket with hassleback potatoes and puree cauliflower. I've got a nice dark Scottish beer in. I've worked up a good appetite.

Jealous on both counts - Really miss going to Nairn, enjoyed so many walks along the beach there....and brisket for tea sounds mouth watering:thumbup:

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Jealous on both counts - Really miss going to Nairn, enjoyed so many walks along the beach there....and brisket for tea sounds mouth watering:thumbup:

Oh man, the brisket was gorgeous - slow-roasted to perfection and so richly tender it fell apart on contact with the fork. Good beer too, 6 Degrees North Saison.

Abandon all reason

• 104 degrees Fahrenheit today. 115 this weekend. =O

Holy shitballs. That's hot.

It's gorgeous here today. Golden sunshine and pristine blue skies, not very humid and temperatures in the mid-70s, that's about 24/25 degrees celsius, maxing out in the mid-80s later this afternoon. It's going to stay nice and dry. Have a great day everyone!

• Here in SW London, the entire day it's been cold, dark, windy and rainy. Right now at 11.35pm, it still is. Absolutely unrelenting all day. When I got off the sleeper train I walked from Euston station to Waterloo through gusty high winds and slashing rain. I got soaked through, even with two layers of waterproofs on!

Meanwhile Mrs Backdrifter regaled me with tales of what a beautiful sunny blue-sky day it's been back home in Inverness.

Heaven help the next person who says, on hearing I live in the Scottish Highlands, "But the weather must be terrible" as often happens. 😠👊

Abandon all reason