Songs whose titles aren't (quite) in the actual lyrics

• We all know the Genesis songs whose titles aren't in the lyrics at all, and don't even come close to being there -- Stagation, Dusk, The Musical Box, Squonk, Undertow, etc.

But there are some songs whose titles come really close to being in the lyrics, but aren't quite there. In some cases you might not have even realized that the exact title isn't ever actually said in the lyrics.

Here are the ones I've thought of:

Dancing With The Moonlit Knight

The Cinema Show

Follow You Follow Me

Alone Tonight

Man On The Corner

Just A Job To Do

Since I Lost You

Fading Lights

One Man's Fool

Sign Your Life Away

Anyone know any more?

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• Fly On A Windshield

Back in NYC

Supper's Ready

A Trick Of The Tail

Snowbound... sort of

Didn't Carpet Crawlers become The Carpet Crawl on some pressings of The Lamb or Seconds Out or something? Thus turning it from a direct title quote into one that fits this thread category?

Abandon all reason

• I had to look up SInce I Lost You & the lyric does indeed say 'since I've lost you'.

They don't ever actually sing 'I know what I like in your wardrobe' as one line. Does that qualify?

• Indeed. I think it has also been Carpet Crawl and The Carpet Crawlers on occasion. I can't see why it's title is so difficult to grasp, unless Peter didn't write the title at the top of his manuscript, and had for the others! :)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Fly On A Windshield / Back in NYC: Good ones!

Supper's Ready / A Trick Of The Tail / Snowbound: I personally wouldn't have counted these. In particular, "Snowbound" never says anything like "bound," and "Supper's Ready" doesn't get any closer than "supper's waiting." But then, this "game" doesn't really have any hard and fast rules!

"They don't ever actually sing 'I know what I like in your wardrobe' as one line. Does that qualify?"

Not sure. Personally, I generally don't count parenthetical phrases as actually being part of the title.

"Didn't Carpet Crawlers become The Carpet Crawl on some pressings of The Lamb or Seconds Out or something?"

My understanding is that the song's actual title is "The Carpet Crawlers," but for some reason someone decided to list it on SECONDS OUT as "The Carpet Crawl."

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• If (In Your Wardrobe) isn't part of the title why is it there at all? I don't wish to be pedantic but...

• If (In Your Wardrobe) isn't part of the title why is it there at all? I don't wish to be pedantic but...

It's absolutely part of the title, it's listed on the album as that so that's the title. No pedantry there! Conversationally it's usually shortened to the first part and similar to the Carpet Crawl thing on Seconds Out it's lost the parenthetical bit. But I've also heard it referred to as 'Wardrobe'. Anyway, it qualifies for this thread.

Abandon all reason