• Does anyone know if this fantastic bunch of chaps have given up the ghost? I think they went on the time-honoured hiatus after the Lamb tour but it’s gone on a bit. If you’ve gone never to return thanks for all the memories but if there is any chance of making some new ones.... I thought their musicianship and humour made for a great night out and would love to see them again.

• Thanks ACatchAtTheTables for the link, very interesting and I must support them and give that a spin. I wish them well. If they ever want to tread the boards as ReGenesis again I’m sure they’d find a ready audience. I preferred their approach to the Musical Box (who are also brilliant) but I know that other tributes are available etc so all is not lost. I took my son to many of their gigs and he really appreciated the musicianship and the wit - which I feel is an integral part of any music. Cheers

• According to this recent article about their recently released album, Tony Patterson and Doug Melbourne have left Re-Genesis.?

http://theprogmeister.com/the-…patterson-doug-melbourne/

Which, as it turns out, is good news, as there's a new TP/DM album which I didn't know about! As anyone who has his last two (Equations of Meaning and Northlands with Brendan Eyre) will know, Tony's on a roll, quality wise, these last few years.

Tony has a thread on here, as he is a forum member. (At least, I think so, he was certainly on the old one)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Does anyone know if this fantastic bunch of chaps have given up the ghost? I think they went on the time-honoured hiatus after the Lamb tour but it’s gone on a bit. If you’ve gone never to return thanks for all the memories but if there is any chance of making some new ones.... I thought their musicianship and humour made for a great night out and would love to see them again.

When I was still living in England, I saw them at the Robin 2 in Bilston - this would have been 2013 (give or take a year). I agree with you that they were a great tribute band - I loved the show that I saw.

(Now, you have me wondering if MAMA are still around. I know the singer (John Wilkinson) used to post here. Anyway, I saw two shows of theirs as well, and they were great too.)

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

Edited once, last by OneForTheVine ().

• Well, if anyone can nip back to Mar 12th, and let us know if they turned up.........? :)

As I said above, Tony's made some really good albums over the last few years, Northlands is outstanding, Equations..... is nearly as good but not quite, while The Divide was ok, (Sorry Doug!).

As for Mama, I guess Covid has derailed (deRaeled?) them a bit, given they were a live band, but it seems they are still going: Shows – Mama (Genesis Tribute Band) (mama-genesis.co.uk)

During the last couple of years or so, they have done the "Moonshot - Worlds of Yesterday" album based on Tim Bowness songs, very good it is too, and David K Jones, the bass player, has done 2 "Plenty" albums with Tim and Brian Hulse, (who collectively were Plenty back in the 80's) and a solo album which came out a few weeks back called "Days In Corners" all of which are excellent. John W appears on one track on Days....

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!