Any Genesis tribute bands on the east coast of the USA? playing in 2018?

• THANK YOU!!!! THIS IS PERFECT!!! Anyone know if they have any other shows planned for 2018 besides 4/21?

You're quite welcome! ^^

They usually tour pretty regularly - I bet they'll post more shows shortly after this coming Saturday's show. Who knows? Maybe they'll announce their next show at the show.

They played the Keswick in suburban Philly last December 30th - that was the first time I saw them. I was so impressed that I'm never missing them again. :thumbup:

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• This is great. And they are touring an excellent setlist right now (the 1977 show, right?). I have already registered to receive news on their website.

Yes! It's one of the things I like the most about them - that is, they primarily play the songs from the W&W tour. It's like hearing an expanded version of "Seconds Out" every time they play! 8)

If the greater Philadelphia area is a convenient concert-attending location for you, there is another Genesis tribute band called Trespass who makes the rounds. They primarily center on the Gabriel-era, but the last time I saw them in March, they included songs from ATOTT too. Their website is http://www.trespassmusic.com/home.html

Just follow the instructions there to get on their mailing list - they do send out e-mails about upcoming shows. However, I think they update their FB page more often than their website - that is here: https://www.facebook.com/TrespassGenesisTribute/

Also, if you don't already know about them, keep your eyes open for The Musical Box. They are a Gabriel-era tribute band, but they are the best - you get the whole experience with them. They recreate the feel and sound of the old shows perfectly. Their website is here: http://www.themusicalbox.net

As Christian (our webmaster) said in another thread, they are performing a special cross-eras set which they are calling an "extravaganza" - that is, instead of recreating a concert from a particular era (e.g., Nursery Cryme/Foxtrot, SEBTP, The Lamb, and once they did even ATOTT), they are doing a career-spanning set featuring songs from "Trespass" to "Wind & Wuthering" - their doing W&W songs on this tour is a first for them. They won't be back in the States until next spring (i.e., 2019), but they ALWAYS play the Philly area, almost always at the Keswick. Here's the announcement about that: http://www.genesis-news.com/c-…1977-tour-dates-s662.html

Also, Steve Hackett has been playing the old Genesis songs from Nursery Cryme to W&W heavily since 2013, and he is still going strong - he played in Collingswood, NJ just this past February (at the same place that this Saturday's "The Genesis Show" is). He is going back to Europe over the summer (I think he's in South America or Asia now), but he is continuing his Genesis-themed shows with an orchestra in Europe this fall. He first did this show as a one-off in Buffalo last year or two years ago; I suspect he will try to bring this show back to the States early next year as well. His website is: http://www.hackettsongs.com

There - that should keep you going for shows! ^^ Now, all we need is Tony to come up with a Genesis commemoration...

• I did get to catch Hackett just a few months after i DISCOVERED the full body of work of Genesis, including all the solo works. It was the Durham, NC show from 2016/2017 (i can't remember exactly). I really liked Steve's first four albums and his set list was a wonderful combination of early Hackett and Gabriel-Genesis (no ATOTT/W&W sadly). Yeah, they were great. That's the only live presentation of early Genesis i have seen to date (I did see Genesis on the Invisible Touch tour in 1987 in Chapel Hill, NC).

Thank you for the links.

• I did get to catch Hackett just a few months after i DISCOVERED the full body of work of Genesis, including all the solo works. It was the Durham, NC show from 2016/2017 (i can't remember exactly). I really liked Steve's first four albums and his set list was a wonderful combination of early Hackett and Gabriel-Genesis (no ATOTT/W&W sadly). Yeah, they were great. That's the only live presentation of early Genesis i have seen to date (I did see Genesis on the Invisible Touch tour in 1987 in Chapel Hill, NC).

Thank you for the links.

You're welcome! I think Hackett is going to keep a lot of the Genesis catalogue in his sets going forward. It is just getting so much appreciation - besides cheering, the most common thing I hear from the crowds at his shows is "thank you", in gratitude for keeping this music alive.

The Musical Box does get as far south as Washington, DC, but I don't know if they make it down to the Research Triangle area of NC. It does seem like there or Charlotte (or even Greensboro) would be good places to schedule a show - it wouldn't hurt to ask them.

WinstonWolf just made a good suggestion above - I have not heard them, but I don't think bands are going to be foolish enough to attempt playing Genesis unless they can do it well.

• I live in Boone and have seen Abacab play 4 times now. Always a good show. They focus mostly on the hits (including some solo/side project hits), but also throw in a few epics. You're pretty much guaranteed to hear Firth of Fifth.