Genesis Live Concert Official CDs.

• Imagine that Genesis somehow sort out their vast resources and they succumb to the wishes of their fans and begin to release some complete concerts. On cd and vinyl and cassette! The only stipulation is it must be a concert that they have previously released a fragment of on one of their previous releases. You can pick three. Here are mine...

1. Bingley Hall 10.7.76 from Archive 2.

2. Drury Lane London 5.5.80 from Archive 2

3. Shrine 24.1.75 from Archive 1 with proper 'It' plus encores.

What do you think?

• Imagine that Genesis somehow sort out their vast resources and they succumb to the wishes of their fans and begin to release some complete concerts. On cd and vinyl and cassette! The only stipulation is it must be a concert that they have previously released a fragment of on one of their previous releases. You can pick three. Here are mine...

1. Bingley Hall 10.7.76 from Archive 2.

2. Drury Lane London 5.5.80 from Archive 2

3. Shrine 24.1.75 from Archive 1 with proper 'It' plus encores.

What do you think?

Sounds great to me but unfortunately the above and other gems will remain 'imagined'. The band could have really done their fans a great service by rolling out those archival gigs from Fisher Lane + all those great tour rehearsals and album outtakes, however, they chose redundancy with box sets, greatest hits, etc and consequently, forever, put the 'Archive Club' notion to death.

• they chose redundancy with box sets, greatest hits, etc

I hardly think the work that Nick Davies did with their back catalogue could be written off as "redudancy". As for greatest hits packages, those sort of projects are pushed by the record compay and not the artist as a way of continuing to make money from their investment. That's the way it goes in the music business and Genesis are no exception to that.

• I hardly think the work that Nick Davies did with their back catalogue could be written off as "redudancy". As for greatest hits packages, those sort of projects are pushed by the record compay and not the artist as a way of continuing to make money from their investment. That's the way it goes in the music business and Genesis are no exception to that.

Redundant in terms of CONTENT. To each his own (as usual) but I prefer something NEW.

• I'd like to have a full Wembley show from the IT tour released. Also a full show from early on the WCD tour with Dreaming While You Sleep in the set.

The Wembley shows are indisputedly a highlight of their career, as indeed the whole of the Invisible Touch period was. Genesis were massive at this point in time and to end the tour with four sell-out nights in their home town was remarkable. Lesser bands would have marked such an achievement with the inevitable all-singing-all-dancing box set. It's a shame that Genesis didn't.

• There are indeed a couple of shows worth being released. I never understood why they didn't establish some sort of club with a live show offer every 3 months or so. would have pleased the fans I am sure.

some are wise ... and some otherwise

• There are indeed a couple of shows worth being released. I never understood why they didn't establish some sort of club with a live show offer every 3 months or so. would have pleased the fans I am sure.

They probably thought that sites such as Simon's Genesis Movement site already had that base covered. But I still think they should have made a bigger deal out of major events in their career, like celebrating certain tours by releasing a deluxe, commemorative box set. I know that Tony and Phil aren't fond of re-releasing existing material and often resist the record company's exhortions to put out a greatest hits album every five minutes but this would be something different: a full concert on CD with accompanying DVD with whatever footage was filmed at the time along with promotional interviews and a replica mini tour programme, something like what the Floyd did with their Immersion box sets.

I'd nominate the Lamb, Trick Of The Tail, Duke and Invisible Touch tours for consideration.

• agreed ... let's wait what they will come up with in support of the tour. I can't imagine they won't release anything

... make tomorrow today!