After more than 20 years: CHANDELIER back on the road - with 't'

• Official Post

Well, this is some kind of a personal thing.

I am working for the Night Of The Prog Festival here in Germany, basically responsible for social media and communication stuff.

See here: https://www.nightoftheprogfestival.com/

Well, this year we had a band - called CHANDELIER. This was a great story. Chandelier were quite big in the 90ies. being the most important German prog band (they sang in English). They were a bit like IQ or Marillion, some sort of neo-prog. They did release three albums: Pure, Facing Gravity and Time Code - and Facing Gravity might be their masterpiece. Chandelier split up in the late nineties and everybody went their own way.

Out of the blue, they got offered a deal for their albums (to be released as remastered versions with bonus tracks) and they eventually started discussing things among the group after more than 20 years. It was mainly about the content of the bonus CDs and also - who should remaster the albums? It was Eroc from German legends "Grobschnitt". Later in the process, someone asked ... why not do a one off show?

And that's how it started. Chandelier got together again and performed for 90 min during Night Of The Prog 2019. Their show was among the best and well received during this year's festival.

Shortly after the festival, I was in contact with Christoph, their bassist. I asked this silly questions: "Could you imagine doing more shows, like a week or so?" (I knew they all were living their lives and have jobs and, most importantly, they don't live in the same area anymore). Christoph basically said he was up to it if the rest of the band was as well. But there was a certain feeling it would be same with everybody. So I talked to the lead singer, Martin Eden, who lives in my neighborhood (which I din't know until I met him during the festival) and I felt how much he enjoyed the gig and that he could imagine doing more shows.

So we worked on it, decided to have another band from the festival on board (t - which is Thomas Thielen and his band and he didn't play live at all until 2019, he was more like a soundscaper in the studio). t also played a marvelous gig during NOTP 2019, so we had the option to do a double headliner show.

Now we can confirm two shows in March:

13th March - VERVIERS (BE): Spirit of 66

14th March - ESSEN (GER): Zeche Carl

Tickets are on sale now - maybe some of you might be interested

Websites:

Chandelier

Thomas Thielen

Tickets:

https://www.wiv-ticket-shop.com/en/chandelier-and-t/

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!