New Tony Banks interview (yes, Submarine and Naminamu were part of the Dodo suite and yes, they discussed going back on tour with Phil and Phil's son on drums)

• Here is a new interesting interview where tony comments his solo material, Calling All Stations, various Genesis songs and the possibility of future projects: https://www.innerviews.org/inner/tony-banks. Interesting is also the fact that for the first time it is confirmed that there was a possible long suite in Abacab comprising of Dodo/Lurker/ Submarine/ Naminamu (and other songs?). Tony also describes how he was surprised by Phil's ability to do full shows and confirms that they talked of possibly touring again with Phil's son on drums. It is quite an interesting read as Tony is quite candid about it all.

Enjoy!

• Interesting and not surprising that they have at least talked about the possibility of performing together again. It would be a very different show and probably wouldn't focus on classic "trio" instrumental sections for obvious reasons.

• Official Post

In this context, also check out the interview we did with Tony this summer

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…past-and-future-s736.html

We were asked not to talk too much about Genesis, but one question was obvious, as the interview was done a few days after Mike appeared on stage during the Collins show in Berlin

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• Very interesting interview. Thank you for posting.

The part about fans not buying Strictly Inc., I'm inclined to wonder if it was more of a distribution issue than lack of interest.

Here in Canada, I never once saw that album in record stores even back when it was a new release.

Even after I shifted to purchasing most of my CDs online, Strictly Inc. was always listed at an exorbitant price - in the same category of pricing as, say, Marscape or some other Genesis-related oddity.

I never had the complete album until I recently purchased the box set.

• Here in Canada, I never once saw that album in record stores even back when it was a new release.

Even after I shifted to purchasing most of my CDs online, Strictly Inc. was always listed at an exorbitant price - in the same category of pricing as, say, Marscape or some other Genesis-related oddity.

I never had the complete album until I recently purchased the box set.

I bought Strictly Inc the week it came out, at either Sunrise or A&A Records at the local mall! Still have it too.

• Well, I'm in the States, and my experience here was exactly the same as the part of your post I highlighted above.

I tried desperately to locate a copy of "Strictly Inc.", but I could only ever find it online at exorbitant prices, just like you said. It just wasn't easily obtainable here. I'm a big Wang Chung fan as well, so I was very excited when I heard that Tony was working with Jack Hues on this project. I still haven't heard the whole album.

I'm also still on the fence about getting the boxset because I have the one album of his that I consider to be his "classic" (i.e., ACF - and in 5.1 as well), and the other albums of his that I value I already have too. Do I really need superior remastering of albums where I'm just not crazy about all the material? Maybe I'll ask Santa for it...

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• In the UK I remember trying to order Strictly Inc about three years after it came out, from my local record store which will basically chase anything you are looking for....and they said it was deleted. This is in the UK.