HARMONY FOR ELEPHANTS (feat. several musicians from the Genesis family)

• More than a year ago Lesley Wood and Kate Evans have published a book about Elephants.

Perhaps more interesting for Genesis fans was the fact that the book contained a CD with new music by several members of the Genesis family.

The list of musician reads like the guest list of a party where everybody kind of knows everybody else: Nad Sylvan has sung for Steve Hackett who took over from Anthony Phillips in Genesis. Tony Patterson, vocalist for the coverband ReGenesis, has also sung on Nick Magnus' album N'monix. Rob Townsend is part of Steve's live band. So is Amanda Lehmann. Anthony Phillips has contributed to Anna Madsen's second album Whispers. Dale Newman has worked with and for Anthony Phillips (and Genesis). Nick d'Virgilio, who used to drum for Genesis, now hits the skins for Andy Neve – they are all good pals.

The album contains seven songs and eight instrumentals. Each piece has been written specifically for this release.

A review about this CD is available on our website here:

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…-Book-CD-review-s651.html

The CD will now be available separately (pre-order at amazon-uk or digital album at iTunes) and will be released 25th May.

[Blocked Image: https://www.genesis-fanclub.de/media/phillips/harmony-for-elephants/va_harmonyforelephants_cdXL.jpg]

• Sounds intriguing... especially the fact that one track is credited to "Steve Hackett and Anthony Phillips."

Now if those two would collaborate on a complete album...

"I don't belong here," said old Tessa out loud...

• The music sounds good, too :-)

Waaah! And I realize there is nothing said about In A Perfect World in the review. How could I leave that out?

...cried a voice in the crowd.

• If Ned Sylvan is singing for elephants then it's a cruel irony for the poor creature that its ears are so big.

I was going to 'like' this, but don't really like 'likes', and anyway I wanted to actually say it made me laugh out loud. Plus I just noticed you've changed him to 'Ned' which is also vaguely amusing.

Abandon all reason

• I've had the CD since the book came out, there are some good tracks, some so-so, sadly the Ant/Steve one is not one of the better ones.

Ian

There is a church bell

That rings on the hour

Filling the streets

Stopping the world awhile

• Has anyone ever heard anything by the Thai Elephant Orchestra? They are absolutely terrible. All they do is prove that elephants don't have a single musical bone in their bodies.

Abandon all reason

• I didn't buy the CD but just bought the Hackett & Phillips tracks. BTW it turns out that "A Perfect World" is officially credited to Steve Hackett, Anthony Phillips & Roger King.

"I don't belong here," said old Tessa out loud...

• I was going to 'like' this, but don't really like 'likes', and anyway I wanted to actually say it made me laugh out loud. Plus I just noticed you've changed him to 'Ned' which is also vaguely amusing.

I've only just read this. Is his name not Ned? I thought it was (I honestly didn't change it on purpose).