Your favorite tracks on ... "Calling All Stations"

• Official Post

I sense a little irony ...

• Tony's solo on this has got to be one of the one of the very best moments of not just this album but their entire recording career. It still moves me to this day.

I think that solo is a good example of doing more with less; ie not a million notes a minute. There's a bootleg of a live version where he hit a bum note during it. I forget if it was Poland or dublin (which I was at). It's memorable for being a really loud wrong note, and also because you so rarely hear a mistake from them.

• I think that solo is a good example of doing more with less; ie not a million notes a minute. There's a bootleg of a live version where he hit a bum note during it. I forget if it was Poland or dublin (which I was at). It's memorable for being a really loud wrong note, and also because you so rarely hear a mistake from them.

Oh, there's been a raft of mistakes over the years. I remember someone hitting a bum note at the start of That's All when they played Knebworth in 1990 and in the early days when they still played the piano intro to Firth Of Fifth Tony would often fluff notes. I've heard Chester go into the next bar of a song too early, I've heard no end of messed up lyrics from both Phil and Peter, I've heard Bill mess up during shows on the 1976 tour, I've heard Steve playing as though he's got three pairs of woolen gloves on and I've heard Mike get lost during Abacab.

Every band makes mistakes and plays duff notes from time to time.