• On the old forum I tried to compile a list of every Genesis album track with who wrote the lyrics, I think we got pretty close but there's still a few I'm unsure about. They are:

Fountain of Salmacis (which I assume is Mike & Tony)

Can-utility and the Coastliners (which I think might be Steve?)

The Cinema Show (which is some combination of Tony, Mike and Peter)

Dance on a Volcano (which I have no idea about, I don't think it's ever been touch upon who wrote the lyrics, my guess would be Mike or Tony)

• Fountain of Salmacis - I still wonder about this one myself. Maybe Tony?

Can-Utility and the Coastliners - I think Steve has claimed this one, at least implicitly.

The Cinema Show - Tony & Mike, with Peter contributing the names "Romeo" and "Juliet."

Dance on a Volcano - Mike, I believe.

Who do you have for "White Mountain"? I've heard contradictory information about this one.

And are you including FGTR, early demos, etc.?

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

• I know that White Mountain is an Ant & Mike song, so I assumed they wrote the lyrics, but I've also heard that the song was given to Tony to write the lyrics. So yes, that's another mysterious one. Dusk is another one that comes to mind, again just assuming Ant & Mike. Some others that come to mind are

Harold the Barrel - I think Phil has claimed to have contributed a couple of lines

Supper's Ready - All Peter or "mostly" Peter?

Firth of Fifth - I am very sure I read that Mike and Tony wrote the lyrics, though most seem to think it was Tony alone.

I'm going to look through the trio albums tomorrow and then I might post up the entire list, and try to include From genesis to Revelation as well as the EPs.

• Dusk - I believe the lyrics are by Ant.

Harold the Barrel - Yes, I've also heard that Phil added a little to what was otherwise Pete's lyrics.

• Before I post the list, here's a few from the trio era with confusing authorship.

- Down and Out and Ballad of Big (which I would guess are some combination of Mike and Phil)

- No Reply At All (Phil or Mike?) and Another Record (Mike?)

- Taking it all Too Hard and It's Gonna Get Better (Both Mike?)

- Throwing it all Away (Mike or Phil?)

- Never a Time (Mike?) Hold on my Heart (Tony or Phil?) Way of the World (no idea)

- Not About Us (Ray alone?)

• Down and Out - I think Mike.

Ballad of Big - I think Phil.

No Reply At All - Mike.

Taking It All Too Hard - I think Mike.

It's Gonna Get Better - I think Phil.

Throwing It All Away - Mike.

Never A Time - Mike.

Hold On My Heart - Phil.

Way Of The World - Mike.

• What about some of the non-album tracks

Happy the Man (Peter?)

Twilight Alehouse (Peter?)

It's Yourself (Phil?)

Match of the Day - Phil

Pigeons (Tony?)

Inside and Out - Phil

The Day the Light Went Out (Tony?)

Vancouver - Phil

Evidence of Autumn - Tony

Open Door - Mike

Paperlate - Phil

You Might Recall (Tony?)

Me and Virgil - Phil

• Pigeons - Mike

Inside and Out - We're told that this is Phil, but I originally heard it was Mike. I'm probably wrong, but I still think it sounds much more like his style.

The Day the Light Went Out, Evidence of Autumn - These are Tony solo compositions, so the lyric writer isn't in question.

Open Door - This is a Mike solo composition, so...

You Might Recall - Tony

• Inside and Out - We're told that this is Phil, but I originally heard it was Mike. I'm probably wrong, but I still think it sounds much more like his style.

On the W&W 40th tour Hackett was introducing it with a speech saying we might be surprised to learn Collins wrote the lyric, "before he started writing songs about ex-wives".

Abandon all reason

• On the W&W 40th tour Hackett was introducing it with a speech saying we might be surprised to learn Collins wrote the lyric, "before he started writing songs about ex-wives".

I guess Steve would know!

On a slightly unrelated note, I read somewhere that John Hackett wrote the verses of Get 'Em Out by Friday. Is this true?

No, he's said to have contributed to the quiet instrumental break in the middle of the song.