Multi-track tapes

• I'm going by memory here but I seem to recall back when there was discussion on the official Genesis forum about a potential archive series, we were told they had numerous recordings from every tour but nothing prior to Foxtrot.

• Long ago, on some previous Genesis forum, we had compiled a wish list of shows to release based on what we knew existed. I don't know if anyone copied that list somehow but it would be interesting to see again.

• I would recommend that people do not confuse an ordinary stereo cassette, with a professional mobile recording, recorded onto multi track tapes.

Wembley 1975, Hammersmith 1976, Paris 1977, Savoy 1981 etc are known multi track live tapes.

Kind Regards,

TGA

• TGA - do you know what Multi Track tapes exist? I am guessing that they have 3 nights of Hanover from '92, Earls Court as well? All the 2007 shows? Some of the Australian shows from '86 etc.

Anyone have a definitive list ?

• Official Post

I don’t think we will ever get a list.
    some shows are pretty much known for different reasons, but since they never realized the Board Tapes project, I assume we won’t get additional info that easily.
    also, times have changed. Physical discs may not be an option for such a project anymore.

I don’t think anything will come anymore ...

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• I don’t think we will ever get a list.
    some shows are pretty much known for different reasons, but since they never realized the Board Tapes project, I assume we won’t get additional info that easily.
    also, times have changed. Physical discs may not be an option for such a project anymore.

I don’t think anything will come anymore ...

I agree, and it's a shame. I wonder if they ever did a feasibility study to show it wouldn't be worth it, or if they just decided it wasn't worth the effort. Either way, what a waste if no one ever gets to hear them.