Are political threads allowed?

• Trump said said the only thing that would stop him running for president 2024 would be a bad call form a doctor. Clearly another lie. If he had a bad call from a Doctor we all know that he would sack him ( can't imagine Trump would believe woman could be a doctor) and claim the bad news to be a conspiracy.

• It's looking increasingly like Trump might be in seriously deep shit and I for one could not be happier. It's fascinating watching these moronic lackeys like Boebert and Elise Stefanik try to defend the indefensible. I can only imagine the personal financial gain that's in it for them?

• A man goes to Heaven and meets Jesus.

While Jesus is showing him round, he spots a broken clock.

“What’s that there for?” he asks.

Jesus says “that’s Mother Teresa’s clock it has never moved because she has never lied.”

“Just over here is Abraham Lincoln’s clock. He lied twice, so it has moved twice.”

“Where is Donald Trump’s clock?” asks the man.

Jesus answers: “It’s in my office, I’m using it as a ceiling fan.”

• Trump’s medical records were just released.

According to the brain scan, the left side of his brain has nothing right, while the right side has nothing left.

• The UK has a new Prime Minister

After hearing Lizzie Truss opening PM speech, I felt a little optimistic about how she might steer UK to some sort of glory again. Though like all politicians these folks only speak to the sounds that people want to hear but no actions are taken.

Only time will tell.

Boris's final farewell PM speech praised only what he achieved in 3 goals, not enough for me to accolade his overall time to lead a country which was full of lies. I had to laugh as he praised his dogs but no mention of his wife!....😂

• After hearing Lizzie Truss opening PM speech, I felt a little optimistic about how she might steer UK to some sort of glory again. Though like all politicians these folks only speak to the sounds that people want to hear but no actions are taken.

Lizzie? 🤢

Your 2nd comment there is the pertinent one. I'm sure there are people manufacturing optimism for the sake of it and at the moment who could blame them. But deep down most know she'll be ineffectual. She's no less a shape-shifting creep than Johnson. As for his exit speech it was every bit the blustering self-aggrandising stream of tone-deaf fantasy bollocks any reasonable person expected.

Abandon all reason

• Lizzie? 🤢

Your 2nd comment there is the pertinent one. I'm sure there are people manufacturing optimism for the sake of it and at the moment who could blame them. But deep down most know she'll be ineffectual. She's no less a shape-shifting creep than Johnson. As for his exit speech it was every bit the blustering self-aggrandising stream of tone-deaf fantasy bollocks any reasonable person expected.

Ah, he channeled his inner Donald Trump.

• Not happy right now about the enforced mourning and shut down of any debate or protest about the accession. By all means if people want Charles as King they should have the right vote for him, I might even myself after weighing up pros and cons , but I absolutely object to having our head of State based on birthright. I have decided that I would like to join protests against the coronation but I do feel a bit scared already. I have attended very few protests in life, but the the thought of this is quite intimidating. People arrested already for displaying anti royal signs.

• This country has gone beserk. Theres paying respects and then there's publicly proving how upset you are,or making a point of publicly proving your respect which isn't respect at all. Are we going for the record number of minute silences? A minutes applause at football matches, a minutes silence every bloody where. There going to be a minutes silence at Steve Hackett on Sunday, no escape. Whilst I'm respect other people may genuinely want to do these things what's wrong with doing their minute silence on Monday? How many do there need to be?.I want to go out and forget it all , but I have to be reminded all the time,.and I am expected to conform. I didn't agree with what her Madge represented or much of what she did , I don't celebrate but can't mourn her passing any more then anyone else I never met. I wonder if this silence on Sunday is due to the symphony hall or Steve.

• Here are some expressions of sadness regarding the death of Queen Elizabeth.. Steve Hackett included ;)

https://blabbermouth.net/news/rockers-react-to-death-of-queen-elizabeth-

Don't get me wrong I don't have any issue with anyone expressing their sadness . Am sure Steve can do a minutes silence on Monday if he wants; I wonder how many he will have done by then. It's this expectation that we all have to participate in this orchestrated mourning that bugs me.

• Don't get me wrong I don't have any issue with anyone expressing their sadness . Am sure Steve can do a minutes silence on Monday if he wants; I wonder how many he will have done by then. It's this expectation that we all have to participate in this orchestrated mourning that bugs me.

Very well put. I'm not a monarchist but totally get people wanting to mourn and show their respects. And it is a sad occasion. Despite my own stance, QEII was nevertheless an intrinsic part of life in the UK. It's no small thing when the person who's on all the money and stamps you've ever used dies. I hope royalists accept and respect some of us not joining them in their mourning beyond expressing polite sadness or maintaining a respectful silence. I'm sure most do. I'd guess probably fewer accept some questioning of the monarchy's future, or not joining in cries of God Save The King, because "this isn't the time" (it's the most logical time).

But some aspects of the reaction have been, to my mind, silly and at least provided some unintended mirth, certainly at the corporate level. Among my favourites are Morrisons supermarkets making the beeps on their tills a bit quieter, "as a mark of respect to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II", a condom dispenser in a branch of the Wetherspoons pub chain being temporarily taken out of service "as a mark of respect to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II", a supermarket 'ride' (one of those things kids sit in) being temporarily taken out of service "as a mark of respect to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II", and the postponement of Guinea Pig Awareness Week. Also someone screenshot a page from Games Workshop website with a banner expressing their deepest sadness at the death of the Queen, immediately above a page showing all manner of fierce armoured characters wielding huge weaponry, headed WARHAMMER - KILL TEAM! I'm still laughing now.

I'm not a great one for columnists but one yesterday one said of such things "I don't care about your respects, just sell me your crap and move on" which I completely agree with.

Abandon all reason

• Now the Queen has been laid to rest maybe it's time ( if we're allowed ) to question her legacy .

To paraphrase a well known British comedy troupe, " What did the Queen ever do for us?" I know many people complain about politicians but for better or worse they make necessary decisions affecting us at every level of our lives. What , for better or worse did our monarch do that affected me/us in any way at all? Despite wall to wall positive coverage of the Queens life I still didn't see or hear about anything she she did that impacted on our lives? I heard that she was always there for us many times. I heard she was a grandmother. I heard she never put a foot wrong, despite her actions when Diana died and not paying tax for most of her life and using crown estate money to refurbish private living quarters in the mansions she handed out her to family but I digress . Just what did the Queen ever do for us? Liz Truss said she was was the rock on which modern Britain was built and we are now a modern thriving dynamic nation. I thought we're in crisis but I guess the Queen could only be accountable for any good bits; which are??

• I don't have much to say about the queen or her legacy.

But holy shit, Liz Truss is off to one hell of a start. Is she trying to crash the UK economy off a cliff so fast she's hoping no one will notice before it's all lying in smithereens?

• Now the Queen has been laid to rest maybe it's time ( if we're allowed ) to question her legacy .

To paraphrase a well known British comedy troupe, " What did the Queen ever do for us?" I know many people complain about politicians but for better or worse they make necessary decisions affecting us at every level of our lives. What , for better or worse did our monarch do that affected me/us in any way at all? Despite wall to wall positive coverage of the Queens life I still didn't see or hear about anything she she did that impacted on our lives? I heard that she was always there for us many times. I heard she was a grandmother. I heard she never put a foot wrong, despite her actions when Diana died and not paying tax for most of her life and using crown estate money to refurbish private living quarters in the mansions she handed out her to family but I digress . Just what did the Queen ever do for us? Liz Truss said she was was the rock on which modern Britain was built and we are now a modern thriving dynamic nation. I thought we're in crisis but I guess the Queen could only be accountable for any good bits; which are??

Not that I'm particularly pro-royalist, but frankly, I can't be bothered wasting my time write something you'd ignore or dogmatically disagree with, I've written too much alre

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• I don't have much to say about the queen or her legacy.

But holy shit, Liz Truss is off to one hell of a start. Is she trying to crash the UK economy off a cliff so fast she's hoping no one will notice before it's all lying in smithereens?

I think she got elected because 80,000 or so Tories liked the phrase tax cuts. She knew that would work .It appears she has a grudge against everybody and has a evil plan to destroy us all.