GENESIS: In The Cage Medley 1987 in Hannover

• Official Post

... in full glory

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Source are the stage cameras and this was used for a documentary and eventually surfaced in great quality a few years ago (possibly too late for the 2007/8 Boxsets).

• Oh, happy day! This is crying out for an official release. Given that the Invisible Touch tour was such a highlight of the band's career, it would be nice if they did a retrospective release, including a couple of shows from the tour on both CD and DVD/Blu-ray, a bit like Metallica did with their Live Sh*t Binge and Purge box set some years back.

• Lovely to see this version of the medley well filmed - particularly ITQE. If only a similar quality one of the version with Apocalypse/ASAEIE would surface... I've seen seconds of footage from the Toronto performance that look like they were properly filmed.

• Hello. Just joined today.

This is amazing to finally see in full. I like many, am still disappointed that this doesn't appear on the Wembley DVD but of course we all know the reasons why.

The only thing that is missing are some wide shots. I guess we're lucky to have it at all so that isn't a complaint at all.

• It's good but frustrating. I've been dying to see a professional film of either IT tour version of that medley and when we finally get one it's all on stage and we can't see the full show! But still better than nothing.

There is a snippet of the Apocalypse version in the Visible Touch documentary so it was professionally filmed and must exist in its entirety somewhere.

Abandon all reason

• We guess that someone would complain, we work hard to bring these exceptionally rare items to the public. We risk the law and any potential relationship with the management company, only for people to moan.

Why should we bother to find, discover and release more?

TGA

• We guess that someone would complain, we work hard to bring these exceptionally rare items to the public. We risk the law and any potential relationship with the management company, only for people to moan.

TGA

If this is directed at me, I wasn't complaining or moaning, just expressing frustration at the apparent dearth of professional films of this medley - that's a broad observation and not aimed at this clip or those who've posted it here. As I said, it's still good to see it - but I didn't specifically thank whoever brought it here so let me say it now: well done and thanks.

Abandon all reason

• If this is directed at me, I wasn't complaining or moaning [snip]

Ditto to this really. I've only just joined so if the comment was directed at me too then I take issue to that.

I would like to stick around here more than one day however if this is the kind of welcome new members get then maybe I'll have to rethink that.

I also wasn't complaining in fact I think I made that perfectly clear in my post that it wasn't a complaint.

TGA

It seems youre responding to a complaint that wasn't made in the first place.

• Official Post

Ditto to this really. I've only just joined so if the comment was directed at me too then I take issue to that.

I would like to stick around here more than one day however if this is the kind of welcome new members get then maybe I'll have to rethink that.

I also wasn't complaining in fact I think I made that perfectly clear in my post that it wasn't a complaint.

RICHL74

wasn't directed at you - I believe it's just a basic comment on the fan culture in general. Means there are always people who are passionate to find rare gems, but still some would complain etc. You didn't!

By the way, I agree 100% to your comment.

• Ditto to this really. I've only just joined so if the comment was directed at me too then I take issue to that.

As explained above they don't mean you, I'm the one in the doghouse. Definitely do stick around, it's generally a good forum and has been livened up recently by some new arrivals and returners after a period of less activity (that's not a complaint, by the way). So get stuck in and enjoy. 👍

Abandon all reason

• guess we all want more and better stuff, don't we?

That still does not mean that people who look for videos like that do a bad job, it's more the band / management who are responsible.

thanks for sharing, it really was a surprise! Quite obviuously only on stage cameras were used, so it looks like material they recorded for the screens.

... make tomorrow today!

• We just get a lot of critics and sometimes people are nasty. It grates after a while and blurs the perspective.

Non of you where really complaining, but after a while the trigger becomes more and more sensitive.

Christian is right, we have had a discussion on this matter.

TGA

• Both sentiments can co-exist without one detracting from the other. It is fabulous that we get to see the 1987 In the Cage medley professionally filmed AND we would love to see even more of this medley, including camera angles and versions with Apocalypse/ASAEIE.

• Will this stuff become available to download through legitimate channels at some point?

Oh, and keep up the good work :thumbup:

• And I guess more importantly, does the whole concert exist in any form?

But totally agree with what others have said that it’s finally amazing to see after all this time. Having the old VHS of the Wembley show and thinking (showing my age) that it was just cut from the cassette and then when the official Wembley DVD came along and discovering (through the power of the internet) that it wasn’t recorded because of them changing the tapes, I’d begun to think I would never see it.

So thank you so much for posting it.