Back to the Pavilion: NOR side / SOR side

• On the original vinyl of PRIVATE PARTS & PIECES II: BACK TO THE PAVILION, Side 1 is called "N.O.R. Side" and Side 2 is called "S.O.R. Side". I recently came across something (in an interview that I can't find now) that said this was some kind of joke on the phrase "A.O.R." but didn't explain it further.

Actually... I had always assumed it meant "North of Record" and "South of Record"!

Such are the times we live in, that talking about what's really going on will make you sound crazy.

Edited once, last by DecomposingMan ().

• I believe that the N.O.R. / S.O.R. reference for the two sides of the vinyl release of Back To The Pavilion is indeed a joke based on AOR - this being so that Side One is the Northern Orientated Rock side, to tie in with Scottish Suite.

In a similar vein, there are other references to the different sides of vinyl releases on Ant's albums in a sporting context with the 'First Half' and 'Second Half' used on the UK vinyl release of Sides and the Home / Away sides on the first Private Parts and Pieces album.