Back to the Pavilion: NOR side / SOR side

• On the original vinyl of PRIVATE PARTS & PIECES II: BACK TO THE PAVILION, Side 1 is called "N.O.R. Side" and Side 2 is called "S.O.R. Side". I recently came across something (in an interview that I can't find now) that said this was some kind of joke on the phrase "A.O.R." but didn't explain it further.

Actually... I had always assumed it meant "North of Record" and "South of Record"!

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.

Edited once, last by DecomposingMan ().

• Official Post

Never noticed that! But I'm sure Jonathan Dann can reveal the secret maybe?

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• I believe that the N.O.R. / S.O.R. reference for the two sides of the vinyl release of Back To The Pavilion is indeed a joke based on AOR - this being so that Side One is the Northern Orientated Rock side, to tie in with Scottish Suite.

In a similar vein, there are other references to the different sides of vinyl releases on Ant's albums in a sporting context with the 'First Half' and 'Second Half' used on the UK vinyl release of Sides and the Home / Away sides on the first Private Parts and Pieces album.