Mostly Autumn & Their Associated Bands

• Mostly Autumn are a 7 piece English prog rock band from York who released their debut album in 1998. Some of the band members also have their own solo projects and collaborations and they have quite a large turnover in personnel. Their family tree is massive. The band leader is guitarist and main songwriter Bryan Josh. They have a number of songwriters in the band. I've seen the live about a dozen times as well some of associated bands. They were the band that got me into a new scene of prog rock.

They play all original songs, and often add a cover as part of the encore. Afterglow is one of the Genesis songs they have played - around 2005. And one time I saw them, they played Turn It On Again as part of the encore. I'll post some videos here, and some of the associated bands (Mostly Autumn members) because they are just as good. But trying to explain the history of the band is a long, long, story!

• This one has always been my favorite MA song, it sounds amazing when they play it live. Originally on The Last Bright Light album from 2001. You can hear their early Genesis influence in the music. An epic song.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Official Post

I think they were once part of the NIGHT OFTHE PROG festival here in Germany. But I can't remember whether or not I saw them there. Will check, sounds interesting

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• I saw them as support for Blackmore's Night way way back some time between 2000 and 2003. They were a trio and played only with acoustic guitar, flute and vocals; some songs reminded a little on Pink Floyd. It took me years to see their name again, this time in prog magazines and websites.

• I saw them as support for Blackmore's Night way way back some time between 2000 and 2003. They were a trio and played only with acoustic guitar, flute and vocals; some songs reminded a little on Pink Floyd. It took me years to see their name again, this time in prog magazines and websites.

Yes, they did open up for Blackmore's Night as a trio sometime in the early 2000s. And this stripped down version also opened up for Jethro Tull at that time. Richard Wright and Jon Lord were also fans of the band. I forgot to mention, The MA trio also opened up for Steve Hackett on his 2014 Genesis Revisited tour. Steve is a friend of the band.

http://www.hackettsongs.com/blog/steve109.html

• I love MA. Mrs Farmer and I have seen them most years since 2004. Great gigs. Probably our joint favourite band . Certainly hers. We have most of their stuff. Went to Heather's last show at Leamington. Actually think Olivia is even better . They are one of those unusual bands that just keep getting better. Never dull ,or stayed Makes you feel like your part of big open secret. They're just brilliant. Saw them tonight actually. Saw a whole show from 2001 on DVD. It's all we can do right now. Had a few drinks and pretended we were there.!!! They looked so young. !!! Shrinking violet, Evergreen, spirit of autumn past, heroes never die. Wonderful.

Recent albums though Dressed in voices and sight of day are amongst their best.