Your all time favorite Genesis concert (that you went to) is...?

• 1977 in Buffalo is right up there with me but I have to say seeing them take the stage for the first time since 1992, when I was at their first of 3 gigs in Philly during the '07 reunion, rivals all the other shows I went to.

• Manchester July 7 2007. Having watched them kick-off the Live Earth gig, I set off on what was a surprisingly sunny day (this was an open air gig for Genesis, after all) and took the train from Lime Street to Mancfester, meeting up with friends on my arrival.

We boycotted the merchandise stall - I have enough tour programmes thank you very much and I certainly don't need any more T-shirts - and headed straight for the stadium. The gig, when it started, was pure heaven for this Genesis fan. Mixing some of the very best from all the eras of the band, in front of an audience that seemed to range from toddlers to geriatrics, it was a true celebration of Genesis music and the perfect full stop to a wonderous career.

• Manchester July 7 2007.

in front of an audience that seemed to range from toddlers to geriatrics

After the gig I saw a group of teens in full goth gear, clutching their tour programmes. I felt strangely touched and even more strangely proud!

The next day at Twickenham we were near a man and his son of about 10. When they launched into Behind The Lines the wide-eyed look of wonder on the boy's face was a sight to behold. You just knew he'd listened to this stuff at home and simply couldn't believe it was now being played live right in front of him. He welled up and I very nearly followed.

Just to puncture that touching moment I also recall just before showtime Trevor Eve walked past in full double denim.

"Genesis in concert. With Trevor Eve. Sunday at 8. At Twickenham Stadium."

(Very niche humorous reference for those in the know)

Abandon all reason

• For me it would be the second time I saw them which was Aug. 28, 1982.

I had heard or read they were doing Supper on that tour, but the Watcher excerpt during the encore was a very nice surprise - one of the great advantages of the pre-internet, pre-spoilers era for concert goers back then. ;)

• This is a tough call. The best moment was on the IT tour during the In the Cage medley when I realized they were segueing into Apocalypse. But perhaps the best overall concert for me was on the WCD tour. I was 8th row, so I could really see the details of the guitar playing, Phil's facial expressions (no need to watch the screens). So that felt special to me.