THE MUSICAL BOX performs The Lamb Lies Down Broadway - Tour dates 2022 / 2023

• A shame about the European leg but I’m hoping the English leg will proceed as I’m now going to the first show of the tour in York!. It’s been cancelled twice now think it’s was two years ago I bought these tickets !. Fingers crossed

• Am completely peeved now just got an email saying concert rescheduled to 2023 !! There are no restrictions here in England why can’t they do them!. I was so looking forward to this concert. All shows here in the UK are allowed so why can’t the Musical Box do these dates.

Despite our desire to finally introduce you to The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway over the next few weeks, the new wave of COVID-19 infection is forcing us to push back our UK tour to 2023."

I think that is a lame excuse to be honest, I’ve had Omicron and am triple jabbed and it was no worse than a common cold. I think this excuse isn’t on really as no one else is cancelling shows currently !!. If Genesis can manage to do their shows with covid around and all members are considerably more at risk than Musical Box due to age then why can’t The Musical Box?, I am really disappointed and I feel cancelling is wrong I didn’t expect the UK dates to be affected at all!!. This concert will be more than 2.5 years late

Edited 3 times, last by Wayne ().

• To add I think moving them to Feb 2023 is ridiculous, they should have scheduled for the summer months when covid is less likely to be an issue, we all know the winter months are when it tend to take hold. Re scheduled with two weeks to go is just to soon they should of honoured these tour commitments, just my feelings.

Edited once, last by Wayne ().

• Disappointed but not that surprised. Had planned a binge listen on five man Genesis working up to The Lamb. Instead I'm just going to for a complete run through from FGTR to Calling All Stations. Hope to be in York next year for a concert with tickets booked three years earlier. Not the first concert to appear in 2023 as I have tickets for Camel later in the year.

Still looking forward to Van Der Graaf Generator later in February and Tangerine Dream in March so keeping fingers-crossed!

• Has anyone else got any thoughts about cancelling, Covid is going to around forever and as such we are going to have to live with it for the foreseeable future. I feel these concerts in the UK were cancelled pure and simple as a knock on effect of cancelling the European dates?. Possibly The group thought it isn’t financially possible to come over to Europe and the UK twice to do the same show so just cancelled the lot of them to do the one trip. There is nothing preventing any group touring England at this time, no restrictions on crowd numbers or anything. Isn’t this what the vaccination programmes are supposed to be for to allow us to live and do things we enjoy?. Obviously Musical Box have their own feelings on what is best for them as a group but delaying a show for three years after so much excitement at finally seeing this show in a couple of weeks really has disappointed the fans. I’m sure a lot of people were really looking forward to it after so long a wait.

• Has anyone else got any thoughts about cancelling, Covid is going to around forever and as such we are going to have to live with it for the foreseeable future. I feel these concerts in the UK were cancelled pure and simple as a knock on effect of cancelling the European dates?. Possibly The group thought it isn’t financially possible to come over to Europe and the UK twice to do the same show so just cancelled the lot of them to do the one trip. There is nothing preventing any group touring England at this time, no restrictions on crowd numbers or anything. Isn’t this what the vaccination programmes are supposed to be for to allow us to live and do things we enjoy?. Obviously Musical Box have their own feelings on what is best for them as a group but delaying a show for three years after so much excitement at finally seeing this show in a couple of weeks really has disappointed the fans. I’m sure a lot of people were really looking forward to it after so long a wait.

Careful, the word "Cancel" has many meanings these days! ;)

You are right, the vaccine programme was to open things back up. BUT, TMB are from Canada aren't they? There are massive considerations for them, partic. as they are not a rich, full-time band. Apart from the costs of Transcontinental travel to tour over here, there are the risks of cancellation due to spikes in any one, less vaccinated country, plus the likely costs of insurance that I'd guess any act has to take out due to the costs incurred if the tour gets stopped mid-tour due to any reason, covid related or otherwise.

I doubt they have taken this decision lightly, indeed, it might not even be theirs, it might be the promoter. At the end of the day, it's a first world problem. There are places where the knock-on from Covid is much more serious. I think we need to learn from the WW2 generation that sometimes life gets put on hold cos there are more important worries. They had to live with it for 6 YEARS!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• As others have suggested, this may be due more to financial considerations. In fact, I suspect that’s the case. But they aren’t going to include that in their announcement. It’s worth remembering that Genesis blamed the cancelation of the US leg of the CAS tour on “technical difficulties” (or some such gobbledegook) rather than admitting ticket sales had tanked in the US. I suspect in the case of TMB the problem is the cumulative impact of less touring, smaller crowds at their shows during the pandemic, insurance costs, and the plain headache of long-term planning during the pandemic.

• Even though TMB are a tribute group they don’t charge tribute band prices and are possibly akin to the Australian Pink Floyd as the foremost accurate exponents of the tribute band show. The comments above are really accurate I feel. I just wish the Rock Orchestra would play internationally as their version of the Lamb albeit without Screens and all the props was fantastic. Found thet the other day on YouTube and the playing was spot on for me.

• Official Post

More dates announced for North America and Scandinavia

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…2023-tour-dates-s769.html

• Just a few points. TMB is a full-time band; that's all they do and that's all they have done since they started in small bars in Quebec in the mid-'90s. As far as rich goes, I know that they pay a hefty licensing fee to Genesis annually but I suspect that they still do quite well financially despite this. For a tribute band to be able to tour internationally, there has to be some serious cash coming in. And the comparison to Australian Pink Floyd and the likes doesn't make sense - TMB's production costs are WAY lower than an outfit like Australian Pink Floyd (just the sheer number of people on stage, the lasers, lighting, etc.).

Philly fans, fear not. Though there is (or at least, was, no show posted in the list), there's a pretty significant gap in June (between the 10th and the 16th) that I am pretty certain will get gobble dup by 2 Keswick Theater dates. Enjoy....

• Just a few points. TMB is a full-time band; that's all they do and that's all they have done since they started in small bars in Quebec in the mid-'90s. As far as rich goes, I know that they pay a hefty licensing fee to Genesis annually but I suspect that they still do quite well financially despite this. For a tribute band to be able to tour internationally, there has to be some serious cash coming in. And the comparison to Australian Pink Floyd and the likes doesn't make sense - TMB's production costs are WAY lower than an outfit like Australian Pink Floyd (just the sheer number of people on stage, the lasers, lighting, etc.).

Philly fans, fear not. Though there is (or at least, was, no show posted in the list), there's a pretty significant gap in June (between the 10th and the 16th) that I am pretty certain will get gobble dup by 2 Keswick Theater dates. Enjoy....

Indeed. The lead singer mentioned at the end of the show in Philly back in late November that they would be playing in Philly on the next tour.

• Yes, TMB would never skip the Keswick on any North American tour they do. They always get rapturous ovations there, and every show is a sellout or nearly one.

Just an as FYI, I discovered a small detail accidentally when I checked on the Palladium shows. When I clicked on the Ticketmaster link for the shows, they are being billed there as a "retirement tour" for the Lamb. Let me be abundantly clear here: it's NOT being billed as a retirement tour for TMB themselves; however, just from the billing, it does appear that this is the last time they are doing "The Lamb" in its entirety for an entire tour.

So, something to think about if you are on the fence about seeing them this time.

I might catch one of the Palladium shows - it would be fun to see a performance of the Lamb literally on Broadway! ^^ Of course, I'll see one of the Keswick shows too once they are announced (which I'm pretty sure will be next week).

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

Edited once, last by OneForTheVine ().

• Further info on prospective Keswick dates…

The Keswick already has shows scheduled on the 11th and 14th of June - so that June 10-16 gap between the Illinois and NYC shows is now trickier to navigate. This might be why the Keswick shows were not announced up front.

A set of shows on the 13th and 14th would have been perfect, but the latter date is now unavailable. So, what seems likely to happen is a somewhat awkward 12th/13th pairing (awkward because it’s a Sunday/Monday pairing). They could also try to schedule the shows after the 19th (which is the finale of this leg of the tour in Tarrytown, NY). So, for those wishing to see this tour at the Keswick, those seem to be the most likely windows.

I guess we’ll find out for sure later this week or next week.

• Further info on prospective Keswick dates…

The Keswick already has shows scheduled on the 11th and 14th of June - so that June 10-16 gap between the Illinois and NYC shows is now trickier to navigate. This might be why the Keswick shows were not announced up front.

A set of shows on the 13th and 14th would have been perfect, but the latter date is now unavailable. So, what seems likely to happen is a somewhat awkward 12th/13th pairing (awkward because it’s a Sunday/Monday pairing). They could also try to schedule the shows after the 19th (which is the finale of this leg of the tour in Tarrytown, NY). So, for those wishing to see this tour at the Keswick, those seem to be the most likely windows.

I guess we’ll find out for sure later this week or next week.

Thanks. It would be really weird for them to skip the Philly area since it's probably their biggest market tin the US. Maybe another venue? I know they did the Tower once many years ago (as did Genesis on the Foxtrot, SEBTP and ATOTT tours), though that one is a beast to fill. We'll see, I suppose....

• Ok, this is great but I've seen the Musical Box perform TLLDOB three times so I'm thinking is it really worth seeing it again? The show historically cannot change or have any novelties added so I ask myself this question considering the covid hassles and risks that make me PASS (especially since in my case it requires travel).

I'll save it to see the so called "extravaganza" next time if there is one. Now that for me would be - a novelty.

• Ok, this is great but I've seen the Musical Box perform TLLDOB three times so I'm thinking is it really worth seeing it again? The show historically cannot change or have any novelties added so I ask myself this question considering the covid hassles and risks that make me PASS (especially since in my case it requires travel).

I'll save it to see the so called "extravaganza" next time if there is one. Now that for me would be - a novelty.

Well, if you are happy with the shows that you have already seen, then you’re right - there’s no reason to go this time.

I have made a few posts about this tour because, as I mentioned a couple of posts ago, it seems like this is their retirement tour for their doing the Lamb in full for a full tour. So, if anyone were on the fence, this would be the time to see them if you were a big fan of the Lamb. That’s why I’ve been more active on the topic recently anyway…

• Thanks. It would be really weird for them to skip the Philly area since it's probably their biggest market tin the US. Maybe another venue? I know they did the Tower once many years ago (as did Genesis on the Foxtrot, SEBTP and ATOTT tours), though that one is a beast to fill. We'll see, I suppose....

I also don’t think they would ever skip the Philly area. Like MoonlitKnight said, they did say they would be back for certain on this tour.

So, if they are fixed on doing the Keswick, it will almost certainly be that somewhat unusual pairing that I mentioned above.

I agree that The Tower would be too big to fill. However, there is another option: they could play just across the Delaware River at the Scottish Rite Auditorium in Collingswood, NJ. Steve Hackett regularly plays there when he’s not playing the Keswick (in fact, that is my next concert on April 8th).

The stage seems to be a little bit smaller, but Steve has quite a light show himself and he makes it work, so maybe TMB can do it too? 🤷‍♂️

Still, they seem to love the Keswick. I still think they’ll end up playing there.

• I also don’t think they would ever skip the Philly area. Like MoonlitKnight said, they did say they would be back for certain on this tour.

So, if they are fixed on doing the Keswick, it will almost certainly be that somewhat unusual pairing that I mentioned above.

I agree that The Tower would be too big to fill. However, there is another option: they could play just across the Delaware River at the Scottish Rite Auditorium in Collingswood, NJ. Steve Hackett regularly plays there when he’s not playing the Keswick (in fact, that is my next concert on April 8th).

The stage seems to be a little bit smaller, but Steve has quite a light show himself and he makes it work, so maybe TMB can do it too? 🤷‍♂️

Still, they seem to love the Keswick. I still think they’ll end up playing there.

Having played the Scottish Rite auditorium several times, it would definitely be amenable to the Musical Box. It's quite a large stage and as you point out, many A-list international acts have played there. It's a hike for me though being in Bucks County! Fingers crossed.....