• A great show, enjoy:

External Content vimeo.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• You may not get many people here who like Seger (apologies if I am wrong). I discovered him through being an Eagles fan & finding out that he & Glenn Frey were friends from Detroit. He was the only musician to pay Frey a proper musical tribute after his death (aside from Frey's solo songwriting partner, Jack Tempchin) - in fact, two songs, I Knew You When & Glenn Song.

That aside it is a cliché that Seger is like a Springsteen/Mellencamp epitome of 'blue collar working men's rock'. I always thought he was far less bombastic than Springsteen & a lot more believable when writing about relationships .

Some of my favourites;

Beautiful Loser

Katmandu

Night Moves

Mainstreet

The Fire Down Below

Hollywood Nights

No Man's Land

Shame On The Moon (features Frey on backing vocals)

Face The Promise

• I am a casual fan. I find him a fantastic vocalist and performer, and a decent writer. I like many individual songs, from his rockers to his more reflective works. Just have never committed to an album.

• I am a casual fan. I find him a fantastic vocalist and performer, and a decent writer. I like many individual songs, from his rockers to his more reflective works. Just have never committed to an album.

His album "Live Bullet" is what brought me into his camp, I've only seen him twice, once in '77 and last year. Great performer, puts his all into it.