9. 07 points - satisfactory (-) (0) 0%
    10. 06 points - sufficient (+) (0) 0%
    11. 05 points - sufficient (0) 0%
    12. 04 points - sufficient (-) (0) 0%
    13. 03 points - poor (+) (0) 0%
    14. 02 points - poor (0) 0%
    15. 01 points - poor (-) (0) 0%
    16. 00 points - abysmal (0) 0%

We invite you to share interesting facts and tidbits about this track. Let's look at the track in the context of the band's / the artist's history, at the music, the songwriting and all other aspects that are relevant for this track. Please do stick to the discussion of the track above. Comparisons to other tracks are okay, but remember that the other track you may be keen to talk about has or will have its own Track Of The Week thread. If you spot a mistake or if you can close a gap in the fact sheet above please feel free to contact martinus or Christian about it; we will gladly add and improve!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

ANTHONY PHILLIPS - Nightmare

Year: 1979
    Album: Sides
    Working title: unknown
    Credits: Phillips
    Lyrics: yes
    Length: 07:24
    Musicians: Anthony Phillips, "Ralph Bernascne", Ray Cooper, John Perry, Michael Giles
    Played Live: xxx
    Cover versions: Rocking Horse Music Club (2019)

Notes: Nightmare is a sort of instrumental from his third album Sides. It may also probably be one of the proggiest track he did in the early phase of his solo career. Or what do you think?

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• I never was a great AP fan - too much of his work is just too far away from my own taste.

But "Nightmare" is a classic! I was reminded a few weeks ago how great that track is - on the Rocking Horse Music Club album, which features a great cover version.

13p

• It took a few listens to grow on me, but now I consider it one of the best Ant tracks.

Arguably, it's the Ant track that sounds the most like a Steve Hackett instrumental!

Little known fact: Before the crowbar was invented...

...crows simply drank at home.