Reunion Rumour - Unplugged

• Don't think an acoustic setting would work (if they really decided to do it). I guess there might be an acoustic section in the set, but not a full unplugged show.

• Not sure what to think about this ...

I just hope they come up with an appropriate concept in case they are really doing it. I can't see them do anything like 2007

... make tomorrow today!

• There is going to be a big announcement on March 3rd, it might be about a tour or about the Lamb Box set as it has been speculated on other sites.

If it turns out to be a reunion tour, it is not going to be in small venues..that theory contradicts the fact that the band visited a large hockey arena like Madison square garden that seats 17,000 plus. That would not add up.

Genesis are known to do spectacular and visually stunning shows, no reason to scale down to a mediocre acoustic show, that would be a let down.

A Lamb Box set could be nice as long as it is not similar to the Wall Immersion Box set by Pink Floyd (2010) that essentially repackaged the original album with the Live Wall release. Certainly a 5.1 Audio Blue ray would be considered, forget any video since sadly it was never filmed.

• If it turns out to be a reunion tour, it is not going to be in small venues..that theory contradicts the fact that the band visited a large hockey arena like Madison square garden that seats 17,000 plus. That would not add up. Genesis are known to do spectacular and visually stunning shows, no reason to scale down to a mediocre acoustic show, that would be a let down.

I resist the notion that scaled-down automatically = let down, and let's face it there'd be plenty of fans who'd elbow aside their own elderly grandmothers in the rush for tickets for a small-scale Genesis show. But it's moot as I think you're right, any tour if it happens will be arena gigs at least. If they broke it up with occasional small shows, as some high-profile arena/stadium acts do, that would be a nice touch. But I doubt they'd even do that (even though they stuck some theatre gigs on to the end of the WCD tour, revisiting some venues from their 70s and 1980 tours).

Abandon all reason

• I resist the notion that scaled-down automatically = let down, and let's face it there'd be plenty of fans who'd elbow aside their own elderly grandmothers in the rush for tickets for a small-scale Genesis show. But it's moot as I think you're right, any tour if it happens will be arena gigs at least. If they broke it up with occasional small shows, as some high-profile arena/stadium acts do, that would be a nice touch. But I doubt they'd even do that (even though they stuck some theatre gigs on to the end of the WCD tour, revisiting some venues from their 70s and 1980 tours).

For me, the let down would be if it were going to be a 100% all acoustic show.

I don't mind a small venue; I had the fortunate opportunity to see Genesis at the Capitol Theater in Passaic NJ that only seats 500 and it was one of the most amazing concerts of my life! On that Duke tour 1980, the next day I went from a 500 seat theater to the 17,000 Madison square Garden. And I had a much better experience in the theater setting. But both shows had identical set lists but a smaller rig and PA system at the Theater.

Point is, a small venue show does not necessarily need to be all acoustic.

A 20 minute set perhaps? I don't think Grandmother will mind.

• Official Post

There's a list of dates rumoured on the net right now, but I find this list unlikely, at least in this form.

4 shows in a row and that twice, plus 6 shows in more or less the same area. I also find two shows in Belfast a bit odd.

We'll see tomorrow....

• There's a list of dates rumoured on the net right now, but I find this list unlikely, at least in this form.

4 shows in a row and that twice, plus 6 shows in more or less the same area. I also find two shows in Belfast a bit odd.

We'll see tomorrow....

That does sound questionable but all the same, Belfast would be great.

Abandon all reason

• For me, the let down would be if it were going to be a 100% all acoustic show.

I don't mind a small venue; I had the fortunate opportunity to see Genesis at the Capitol Theater in Passaic NJ that only seats 500 and it was one of the most amazing concerts of my life! On that Duke tour 1980, the next day I went from a 500 seat theater to the 17,000 Madison square Garden. And I had a much better experience in the theater setting. But both shows had identical set lists but a smaller rig and PA system at the Theater.

Point is, a small venue show does not necessarily need to be all acoustic.

A 20 minute set perhaps? I don't think Grandmother will mind.

No, agreed that small venue doesn't necessarily = all-acoustic. An acoustic segment is a very over-done thing but not necessarily a bad thing.

I saw them at the famous London Lyceum 7 May show on the Duke tour (that the BBC recorded), that was about 1100 capacity which was teeny compared to the shows they'd been doing on the ATTWT tour but 500 is even teenier! What a great experience. At the start of that UK tour they did some very small venues and of course the Aylesbury Friars club.

Abandon all reason

• Just mentioned on radio 2 - a massive band is getting back together, announcement on Zoe Ball show at 8:30am tomorrow. Coincidence? Surely not.

"I'm feeling so confused today
    They've gone and changed the rules again,,,"

• I really, really hope their is going to be new music. Sorry for being blunt, but Phil's voice isn't what it use to be, and I think that those Genesis tunes are even more difficult for him to sing. So I am totally not interested in a new tour, I want new music that is suitable for Phil's voice!

• Official Post

Could anyone provide a link to that photo?

it's here in our news section

https://www.genesis-news.com/n…n-New-York-City-n639.html

• Official Post

Yes, but do you think these dates will be announced. There are too many strange things here.

2 shows in London only, but 2 in Belfast? 6 in the same region? 4 in a row and that even twice? Not sure.

Madison Square Garden ... they just went to see a sports game.

• So why did they visit Madison Square garden NYC?

As far as I've gathered Phil lives in NYC nowadays. Tony and Mike may have only visited him there, as old friends do. Then they may in addition have had a meeting or even rehearsals there. I hope that is the case. Tomorrow we will know!

• Yes, but do you think these dates will be announced. There are too many strange things here.

2 shows in London only, but 2 in Belfast? 6 in the same region? 4 in a row and that even twice? Not sure.

Madison Square Garden ... they just went to see a sports game.

I've seen this sort of leaked tour information ahead of official announcements before with other bands and it's proved to be accurate. It's so specific it suggests insiders have released it. Of course, I accept that someone could've simply written that list, sent it out, sat back and sniggered while watching everyone bite.

What are you regarding as the 6 shows in the same region? I'm not seeing it but might be cross-eyed from excitement! If it's accurate, I'm mentally doing backflips at the idea of my first ever Scottish Genesis gigs. Also if it's accurate - what have they got against Wales?!

Abandon all reason

• As far as I've gathered Phil lives in NYC nowadays. Tony and Mike may have only visited him there, as old friends do. Then they may in addition have had a meeting or even rehearsals there. I hope that is the case. Tomorrow we will know!

I thought Phil lived in Florida.