GENESIS - The Last Domino? Tour

• Speaking of irrelevances : to think of what might have been had they had even a modicum of pride in their legacy :(

As it is/seems to be: cash grab and late years ego boost. Might as well have Ariana Kardashian or BeyonZ as guests while they're at it.

• Whats the possibility of the lamb box set being scrapped and all that was to hide this announcement of the reunion tour?

Or maybe they are touring to support that release and do some stuff from it?

• Speaking of irrelevances : to think of what might have been had they had even a modicum of pride in their legacy :(

As it is/seems to be: cash grab and late years ego boost. Might as well have Ariana Kardashian or BeyonZ as guests while they're at it.

What makes you think they lack pride in their legacy?

I don't think they need or crave a cash or ego boost at this stage. From their description of the reasons for the tour I think they just genuinely feel like doing it, urged partly on by a youngster who probably wants to feel part of his dad's legacy, doing what he does very well (I gather). When you've existed as part of that sort of creative unit for so long it can be hard to completely cut yourself off from it despite, or maybe because, of long gaps.

Who knows, there's still time for Ariana or Bey, or Jarry Beiber/Hustin Styles, to be signed up as guests. Yay!

Abandon all reason

• Whats the possibility of the lamb box set being scrapped and all that was to hide this announcement of the reunion tour?

Cue much gnashing of teeth from this fan. As I've no interest in seeing them on this tour, I'd be pretty narked to find out that the rumour of a Lamb box set was just that and nothing more.

• When you've existed as part of that sort of creative unit for so long it can be hard to completely cut yourself off from it

To be fair, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that most of the posters on this forum were never even considered to play triangle in the school band, much less be a member of a professional, touring band :D

• there already is one https://www.facebook.com/groups/1294788680555666/?ref=share

They just changed the name of the group that has existed for years, it isn't new.

the group was setup when Phil toured and was called the not dead yet group, after the tour it changed to Phil and Genesis tours 72 to 2019. Then when the new tour was announced it was changed to reflect the tour. The group is about current tours to include meet ups and venue details, car parking etc. If you were in the group scroll back to see the history of it, see the PC concerts and how the fans were meeting up. 2 groups is ok it just takes away as not everyone joins both and miss out on some info. It’s not a gossip group or a sales group, it’s just about tours, tickets that were going on sale as well as new release of tickets and tickets for sale.

• Back to near sanity (play nice folks).

Yes legal entities, company names and accounts are often public domain. A lot can be learned from trawling through these. Ray did not appear as a director in any Genesis or Tony Smith related company accounts.

That said, the concept of being a member has never been formally established either. But in the cold light of day does it really matter? it doesn't change history.

Still, all good to see people talking / debating etc

TGA

• Hi everyone, brand new member here.

I'm a younger fan from the states and I was wondering if anyone could help me out on this one.

I've never had the opportunity to see Genesis live, I really started falling in love with their music during the end of 2007 and into 2008. I promised myself if they ever reformed, I'd see them, wherever they played.

My problem is I'm a broke university student and I'm also planning my wedding for next summer. Does anyone think it's a strong possibility they'll announce a North American leg of the tour for Spring 2021 or could this really be it, this run in the UK? Because if it is, I'll do whatever I can to get there. I just wonder if anyone has any advice or premonitions for me. I don't want to miss my chance.

• Welcome. As an Australian who has also never seen them, I empathise. What I'm hoping is for Europe & the States early next year, then Australia at the end of next year.