GENESIS - The Last Domino? Tour

• I'd be happy with their coming across the pond as soon as they can - 2021 or 2022.

I just hope they are all still performing then (that hope of course has multiple levels to it).

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• I'd be intrigued to see the rehearsal list but have no intention of joining FB. Then again if anyone else here is on it, and can post using spoiler or pm me....

Same here. Never joined FB and cannot see any reason why I would in the future. Unless someone posts it here I will happily just wait until the show itself.......

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Well the show will be great. Initially I stamped my feet and threw a wobbler because they gave so little time to organise time to get tickets. Advantage touts. And of course the price. I wasn't going to go . Then best mate phones me. He has time. Do I want him to get me a ticket?? Of course I did. It's Genesis for god's sake. It'll be great. A show like no other. Getting excited now. May not happen this year now I know , but it will happen I'm sure.

• Same here. Never joined FB and cannot see any reason why I would in the future. Unless someone posts it here I will happily just wait until the show itself.......

I couldn't agree more. I do not need any further privacy intrusions, that is why you have the official websites. I am proud to be FB impaired,

• Just to resurrect this thread:

As I shared with the forum members at the beginning of a thread about our own Genesis concerts, I was fortunate to have seen Genesis 11 times since 1973 through 2007. Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to see landmark concerts such as Knebworth, Milton Keynes and Earls Court like a few lucky Brits like Serpent. Even if this Last domino tour would cover other regions besides the UK, like him I would not attend any shows in 2020.

I have lost the enthusiasm that I felt in 2007 when I made hard sacrifices to go see them for the Turn it On Again tour. But now, the flame of excitement has been extinguished and even worse with the global pandemic that has made travelling a health risk instead of a pleasure.

And lastly, for me who saw Phil who was once a dynamic performer pounding his tambourine and the drums, it would be painful to see him now sitting on a chair for the whole show and not being able to vocalize with full range or play drums.

And there are more reasons for me like not having the amazing Chester Thompson but as they say, everyone has a freedom to choose and I will pass on the Last Domino if it comes across the pond.

But I certainly wish that all the younger fans who have never seen Genesis or the ones who only saw the '92 and 2007 tours, enjoy and have a great time.

This time around will likely be the last domino indeed unless you are the Rolling Stones.

• Official Post

I had similar feelings about the Not Dead Yet tour. At the end of the day - we all get older and we have to decide whether or not we want to see an aged band, that simply cannot repoduce the power and dynamic of their thirties.

Having said that, they can deliver something else. Phil's shows were really emotional for me. I don't know what the Genesis shows will do, but they will do something. It's up to us - we can ignore that and not go, or we can be curious - which can lead to disappointment of course

• I am due to go to one of the concerts in Glasgow in December but this was a statement from the Chief Executive of the Hydro yesterday

The SSE Hydro in Glasgow could struggle to put on full events until 2022 if social distancing measures are to remain in force.

The 13,000 capacity riverside arena - which was named the second busiest concert venue in the world in 2019 behind only Madison Square Garden - has been used as a storage facility for the NHS Louisa Jordan amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

And we might not see packed crowds enjoying their favourite band or artist for a long time, according to Peter Duthie, Chief Executive of the Scottish Event Campus.

He told Edinburgh Evening News: “Mass gatherings are not permitted at the moment, but even when they are, if social distancing is still in place it will be very difficult for any event to operate at all.

“It’s very difficult to see how we can put on a full-event event at the Hydro before the middle through to the end of next year. If everything goes our way it may be possible to do things earlier but it terms of events looking like they did before it’s difficult at the moment to see anything happening before then."

Duthie also revealed that he is trying to persuade the Government to allow them to carry out some 'test' events at the venue, and what, if any, 'mitigating' measures could be put in place to remove risks from staging events once again.

“Anything which requires people to get together to create an atmosphere will be a huge challenge. We’d never say never. We’re going through a process of looking at what social distancing means for capacity and viability and working with promoters to try to find a way through it. We’re looking at what mitigation measures could be put in place to ‘de-risk’ the staging of events.

“We’re trying to persuade the government to allow us to do some test events as part of the journey back to normality to show what can be done. The industry is highly-professional world-class, which is why we need to protect it.

“But when you put all the different factors together, such as the extra costs and reduced revenues, it all becomes very challenging financially," he added.

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Their best bet would be to announce as 12-month postponement. I don't see how any large-scale gigs can take place for the next year.

I agree. Just think of all the preparation, the material, the trucks, the insurance, the hotels, the whole thing has to be prepared way in advance and as of now no one can be sure that we're all going to be able to gather by thousands in a given space by the end of the year. Unless you desperately seek presidential reelection, but that's another story...

• I can’t see these shows happening this year, I would like to think they would but I’m thinking more and more there is no chance at all. I have booked to see another group in September At the Barbican for a 5 Night run and they have just emailed to say they are postponed for 12 months. I can either have a refund of the money or wait for 16 months!. Also Nick Masons Saucerful of Secrets (which I would have seen a couple of months ago), has been put back to October but I think that’s totally unrealistic as the concert scene seems to be progressing at this time.

• Nick Masons Saucerful of Secrets (which I would have seen a couple of months ago), has been put back to October but I think that’s totally unrealistic as the concert scene seems to be progressing at this time.

I had Elbow tix for this April, it was postponed to October which I still thought unrealistic and indeed it's now put back to Sep 2021. I predict no gigs by anyone this year.

Abandon all reason

• I’ve still got the following artists with no change yet

Level 42

Nick Mason

Steve Hackett And Genesis
    doubt any of them will happen 2020.

why they don’t just re arrange them now it makes more sense?. And I cannot understand why I’m getting email after email saying this show is due in October and November from all the ticket agencies?.

• Not that I expect the Genesis tour to happen like this but I've just seen a series of UK drive-in concerts advertised.

Haha, the little spiel before domino would be tough. 'something affecting those cars over there <pause for horns>, and then those cars over there <horns>, and then these cars down here in the front <very loud horns> and sometimes the very tiny cars in the back <scattered horns of disapproval>

• Official Post

why they don’t just re arrange them now it makes more sense?. And I cannot understand why I’m getting email after email saying this show is due in October and November from all the ticket agencies?.

well, it's a complicated business and it surely hast something to do with contracts / insurance etc. There are plenty of bills to be paid so they wouldn't postpone unless they have a new plan or are forced to do so (i.e. by a decision of the local government)

Personally, I also do not see the shows happen.