GENESIS - The Last Domino? Tour

• Not directly relevant, as none of the shows were scheduled to be where I live. But bars, night clubs and large gatherings for sports/concerts are not to happen until 'phase IV' of reopening here. I assumed that this would be some calendar based thing with a date on it. But it turns out that phase IV in Massachusetts is the new normal that will be in place after a vaccine or effective treatment for covid is in place. So my take is no concerts here until we have a vaccine.

Clearly this might change and will vary from place to place. But with the way things are going, who is going to host a big concert? Maybe if you are expecting row upon row of MAGA hats in the crowd you'll do it....

• while i am guessing that the tour may be postponed, the recent months of lockdown have slightly changed my view on the tour. Originally i was having similar thoughts to what has already been mentioned..is Phil up to it..no Chester..maybe not my ideal setlist etc

Now i am just looking forward to having a great night out and appreciating a band that has been part of my life for 40 years and may be the last tour...it may not be perfect but i can live with that and just make the most of the moment

• Now i am just looking forward to having a great night out and appreciating a band that has been part of my life for 40 years and may be the last tour...it may not be perfect but i can live with that and just make the most of the moment

That's the spirit! I mean, for us real fans the band members are part of our extended family. We discovered and loved them when they where young, creative and inventive and at the height of their performance, but along the way we grew fond of them in a way. I'm a lifelong fan of those guys! When it comes to concerts, it's not that important to me. I would love to see them on this tour, but if the cost is too high I will be just as happy with new audio and video recordings.

• while i am guessing that the tour may be postponed, the recent months of lockdown have slightly changed my view on the tour. Originally i was having similar thoughts to what has already been mentioned..is Phil up to it..no Chester..maybe not my ideal setlist etc

Now i am just looking forward to having a great night out and appreciating a band that has been part of my life for 40 years and may be the last tour...it may not be perfect but i can live with that and just make the most of the moment

That's the spirit! I mean, for us real fans the band members are part of our extended family. We discovered and loved them when they where young, creative and inventive and at the height of their performance, but along the way we grew fond of them in a way. I'm a lifelong fan of those guys! When it comes to concerts, it's not that important to me. I would love to see them on this tour, but if the cost is too high I will be just as happy with new audio and video recordings.

If and when it happens it's going to be great..It's Genesis isn't it. They know how to put on a show. Am certain all issues will taken into account. It's great just seeing them and being part of that extended family.

• That's the spirit! I mean, for us real fans the band members are part of our extended family. We discovered and loved them when they where young, creative and inventive and at the height of their performance

I'm always very wary of that phrase 'real fans'. I don't like it. I've been a fan of them for nearly 45 years and they're in my top 3 favourite bands but the band members don't feel like extended family. Other fans will have come to them much later and will have their own areas of preference. They're still fans, as am I, as are those who discovered them via Invisible Touch and went on that tour and still think of that as Genesis. They're just fans in a different way from me and you.

Abandon all reason

• I'm always very wary of that phrase 'real fans'. I don't like it. I've been a fan of them for nearly 45 years and they're in my top 3 favourite bands but the band members don't feel like extended family. Other fans will have come to them much later and will have their own areas of preference. They're still fans, as am I, as are those who discovered them via Invisible Touch and went on that tour and still think of that as Genesis. They're just fans in a different way from me and you.

What I meant and feel when I referred to Anythingnow:s extended family phrase , wasn't so much that I see see the band as family , (yes they have with me for 44 years) but , also the feeling you get ( or at least I do) from the buzz and excitement of being in a crowd of people all enthusiastic to see them. It's one of best things about seeing bands and a feeling I still get even now I'm 58 . It's the fact that you know you're with thousands of others that have been as enthusiastic as yourself for so many years.

. In real life I only know two other people ( other than Mrs Farmer who is little choice) who is a Genesis enthusiast or even knows much about them. You're also with thousands of new fans , ie in Genesis's case anyone latched on to them in the last 20 years and simply the curious which is all great and adds to the atmosphere. I don't get that feeling with every band but there are quite a few. Kate Bush certainly and the annual ritual of seeing Motorhead. Also some smaller bands such as Mostly Autumn and Space Ritual . I get that feeling at Genesis tribute bands.Genesis is not not a regular event and concert is really quite something special.

• Official Post

Apparently the band seems to be in London right now rehearsing for the tour - this was a sidenote in one of the Collins wedding gossip articles

• Glad to hear they are rehearsing if that is in fact true. More rehearsal time may make for more songs for them to try out and/or tweak for the shows, whenever they might be.

Yes! This is it guys. Now or never. Time to flex your muscles and break out mad man moon, chamber of 32 doors and seven stones. An indulgence of treats for fans, young and old, an expansive exploration of your deep catalogue. Different sets from night to night, surprises around every corner.

Yes. I know that's not what they do. Ever. And no, I still don't think the tour will go ahead. I can still hope. On both fronts.

• Get divorced. Get £25 million . Re unite and get divorced again. One way of making money I suppose

And of course I believe everything I read in the newspapers!!! . Hope Mrs Farmer doesn't try it. I could be our of pocket 25 quid.

• Official Post

I wonder if the latest, quite sad developments with Phil's private life, will have an impact on Nick's presence on the tour.

Nic is a grown up man who can make his own decisions.

• And his decision might be to side with his mum and abandon the tour. It might not be, but we don't know the family dynamics.

Honestly I'd be surprised if he gave up the once in a lifetime opportunity to play on a Genesis tour whatever the situation. Guess we will find out at some point soon depending on when/if the shows happen.

• And his decision might be to side with his mum and abandon the tour. It might not be, but we don't know the family dynamics

I confess, as a longtime Genesis fan, I have zero energy and enthusiasm for the upcoming tour and I'll freely confess the main reason, purely from a musical point of view, is Phil, I didn't particularly enjoy his singing during the Genesis reunion tour, he could barely cope with his own material, during his last tour and I really don't think he can pull it off now. From a personal point of view though, I was extremely happy, particularly for him, he went through a lot and I really like the guy, he is the one G member I'd love to have a beer with, it doesn't matter how I feel about his solo career. I cannot imagine this will help him, gossip or less, he really didn't need this.

• Does anyone agree that there is so much money tied up in this tour that it would be impossible to cancel?, I bet there have been discussions about it behind closed doors but with tickets costing a minimum of £150 or whatever it was your talking a lot of money to return to the fans. I can imagine that would be impossible to do smoothly. I myself feel it will be postponed again and again