GENESIS - The Last Domino? Tour

• I completely get this and fair do's to all who share this view.

For me, quite simply it's Genesis - yes, different from before but it's them and I want to be there. I just don't think that when I am it'll be 5 months from now.

Ultimately, as I always said, this is what matters. We all love the band I'm sure but I'm equally sure, we love them in very different ways and they mean different things to us. I'm not immune to nostalgia, recreating a moment, when possible, has its charm and why not wallow in that a little? I just can't see them like that and i prefer to accept the fact that the moment is gone but again, I'm extremely happy they decided to do it, for them mainly and then for those who want to enjoy them.

Edited once, last by Fabrizio ().

• I completely get this and fair do's to all who share this view.

For me, quite simply it's Genesis - yes, different from before but it's them and I want to be there. I just don't think that when I am it'll be 5 months from now.

Everything changes . Wouldn't it be boring if it were always the same. Looking forward to April.

• Ultimately, as I always said, this is what matters. We all love the band I'm sure but I'm equally sure, we love them in very different ways and they mean different things to us. I'm not immune to nostalgia, recreating a moment, when possible, has its charm and why not wallow in that a little? I just can't see them like that and i prefer to accept the fact that the moment is gone but again, I'm extremely happy they decided to do it, for them mainly and then for those who want to enjoy them.

I do fully understand by the way why you don't want to go. It's just not for you. I don't think Genesis will be what they were , to me it's an attraction to you it's no good.

• I still think they will change the shows to outdoor if intending to have them early next year (in the summer months). If not I think it will be delayed to October onwards at the earliest on an enclosed performance.

april - moved to June/July outdoors nice weather and less risk.

I personally wouldn’t be against that if the vaccine hasn’t been given to most of those at risk. And if it was outdoors or nothing at all then outdoors would be ok.
    I would also anticipate that most of the attendees average age would be over 40 (I’m 55), and therefore not be as carefree as say an 18 year old attending these shows

the last time I saw a concert was Jan 2020 indoors it seems an age ago!, i’m looking forward to seeing anything to be honest it’s been so long.

Edited 4 times, last by Wayne ().

• the last time I saw a concert was Jan 2020 indoors it seems an age ago!, i’m looking forward to seeing anything to be honest it’s been so long.

Yeah, last time I saw a show was Sept 2019 and it really does feel like a long time!

I am figuring to go if they expand their tour to the US. My expectations will be different; I'm not expecting 1980 Genesis to go out there and rip through their material, but more of a celebration of their career and a chance to see them one more (last?) time. I just can't see not going if they are playing, it wouldn't feel right.

• I still think that April is the most realistic option, 2022 of course.

I agree with you. Surely no large venues should be opened until all vaccinations are completed, and that means 2 doses in most cases.

When I saw the tour news I automatically thought it would be for 2022.