[SPOILERS] GENESIS 2021 setlist discussion

• This is not just feasible but probably by far the best one yet in this thread, as in, the one I'd be happiest to see.

EDIT: - although, just one caveat - like Christianjames I'd have to heave a bit of a sigh at the reappearance yet again of that Firth/I Know segment. But it's not as though I'd stomp out for a toilet break at that point!

Abandon all reason

• This tour needs to be a celebration of their best material throughout the years......almost a "best of...live" playlist.

On this basis I agree I Can't Dance and No Son should be dropped.

Behind The Lines would be a strong opener...maybe segueing into Abacab to keep a fast-pace opening. (I've previously said opener should be Dance on A Volcano...segueing into Behind The Lines...segueing into Abacab.)

Land of Confusion is a strong song which should still be included.

I actually agree with above re Home By The Sea...an okay song but would much prefer Driving the Last Spike in its place.

The Dancing with the Moonlit Knight / Musical Box medley would work well as a main-set closer (maybe, and we can all but hope, for Supper's Ready to follow) before going into Los Endos (with Phil on drums duetting with his son to bring the show home to everyone's delight)

Turn It On Again works so well as the Encore opener....maybe then followed (and closing the whole show) with I Know What I Like? ("It's your show....."!)

• Phil on drums aint gonna happen. Lets be thankful his son has phils sound. And is tighter than chester, especially these days👌

So. Im gonna give my realistic (more or less) setlist with some very wishful thinking too of course.

1. Behind the lines intro

2. Into Duchess

3. Abacab

Phil speaks to the audience

#. Man on the corner (favourite of mine, but wont be played, so ignore this as part of the realistic set)

4. Thats all

5. Lamb lies down into musical box into dodo lurker

6. *Domino

7. Drum solo into in that quiet earth

8. Jesus he knows me

9. Invisible touch

10. Turn it on again

11. Dancing in the moonlit night into afterglow

12. Throwing it all Away

13. Carpet Crawlers

Encore

14. Watcher of the skies instrumental into los endos.

15. I know what I like

Ok so i really thought about the dynamic of the set etc..

I feel Mama: phil wont pull off now. Follow you follow me always sounds weak live,

Cant think of a song for 6.

These were ones i put in then took out:

Misunderstanding

Ripples

Tonight tonight tonight (not connected to invisible touch)

Truth is it should probably be No son of mine or land of confusion 🤦‍♂️ I can see why these are such safe songs to throw in.

• Official Post

As i just posted.

6. Domino or driving the last spike

welcome to our community!

domino is oretty safe - the tour is called The Last Domino?

• I've posted two predictions prior, but hell this is fun for me so this is my absolute final prediction going forward:

• I think the last few posts have some very realistic looking setlists, that I bet - bar one or two surprises - will be it.

I feel Squonk and Abacab will feature, as strong live highlights that have been abandoned the past couple of tours. Duchess too. And I think (hope) that Many Too Many will sneak in.

• Entagled is one of my favourites for harmonies. I wonder if having the backing vocalists will have a baring on the songs chosen too..

Seen a few mention many to many.. Dont see why that would be included over some others?

• Entagled is one of my favourites for harmonies. I wonder if having the backing vocalists will have a baring on the songs chosen too..

Seen a few mention many to many.. Dont see why that would be included over some others?

Or it could be that the songs chosen has a bearing on bringing in backing vocalists.

Re MTM the mentions of it are a mixture of it having a few fans here (including me) indulging in a bit of wish-fulfilment, the sense that it'd be largely comfortable for PC singing ("got it made" goes high but could be worked around), and the notion that this being a different sort of Genesis than we're used to, some of the normal 'rules' might not apply which in turn might lead to a few unusual/surprising choices, including this one.

Abandon all reason