[SPOILERS] GENESIS 2021 setlist discussion

• Don't worry. I have it on good authority that Virgil is part of a 60 minute suite for the second half of the show.

There's rumours of a Netflix drama adaptation too, but don't spread that around.

I heard that Mike had agreed to a 75 minute medley/mash up combining VIrgil with Whodunnit, Going Out To Get You and a new Genesis song intriguingly called "Rael's Rap"

• Genesis actually could do a "Wild West suite". Musically I think Ballad of Big has some merit, I could stomach a minute of that in a medley.

Driving The Last Spike isn't about the Wild West, or even America, however.

• Hi there! I'm a fan for years now, this will be my first ever show (Belmont park, UBS arena).

Here are my thoughts on the setlist, base on the 2007 setlist, Phil's voice and Not dead tour setlist, different interviews for the guys and the screens showed in both teasers, etc

VERY LIKELY: Domino, Abacab, Land of confusion, Follow you follow me, Mama, Invisible touch, Duke's intro, Firth of fifth, Throwing it all away

CAN HAPPEN: Los Endos, I know what I like, Old medley (something like the We can't dance tour with old stuff, hopping Apocalypse in 9/8), Afterglow, Carpet crawlers, No son of mine

WITH SOME LUCK: Squonk, Ripples, Fly on the windshield, Squonk, Home by the sea

LONG SHOTS: Entangled, Hailess heart, Fading lights, Anyway

I've put some of this songs on playlists and got some solid setlists, rounding 2 hours and a half (lsomtehing like the last tour). My guess is they could do some instrumental stuff so they don't stress Phil's voice for all the tour and we could hear some amazing stuff.

Lastly, I'm hopping and praying they don't play I can't dance... and if they do, that will be the perfect time for taking a leak and having another couple of beers!

• I don't think it's been mentioned here but does anyone think there could be a resurrection of the In That Quiet Earth/Apocalypse in 9/8 medley from the IT tour? Perhaps just the instrumental parts since the vocals are challenging. I know from some of the interviews at least some of SR was on the table for the setlist. It would be a shame for the possible last tour to not include at least a portion of their signature song from the early era. Thoughts?

Was just listening to the ITC medley from LA in 1986 and the thought occurred...

Yeah! I'm hopping for that medley!

Saddly, I can't imagine how can Phil's voice could handle it...

• They've pretty much confirmed that Fading Lights (first two verses) are in and Nic absolutely has confirmed Home By The Sea.

Fading Lights would be an appropriate main set closer or encore.

For the opening number Squonk would be fantastic but I do wonder if they will choose something quieter to allow Phil to warm up. Maybe open with an acoustic set like the very early Genesis days?

• Considering what the tour is called, do you guys think they will play Domino in its entirety? I think it would be a cool opener. When was the last time they played Domino?

Yes given the tour name I'd be surprised if they didn't play it. But it wouldn't work as an opener.

Abandon all reason

• Fair assessment, but then what is your opinion about an opening song?

Something upbeat and energetic that grabs the audience immediately and get them to jump up. No nuances, no build up , like Domino. it generally is something in your face. As far as Genesis are concerned, as usual leaving personal preferences aside, something like Land of Confusion does the job or TIOA, even something that I particularly dread, like Abacab would be a better opener and certainly the intro to Behind the lines. As a matter of fact, given the state of Phil's voice, I hope they heavily rely on instrumental stuff.