[SPOILERS] GENESIS 2021 setlist discussion

• By its very nature this entire tour is a demonstration of their not doing live shows as they used to, so it's completely feasible for them to do those songs without the walk or PC on drums. I wouldn't rule them out.

No, you are correct and I'm not ruling anything out. This whole thread is just pure conjecture until we get to see the show so I'm just putting my thoughts out there as Moonlitknight had asked. But I cant see Phil singing I cant dance when he cant hardly walk. But then again they have never taken themselves that seriously so Phil might make a play on that.

• They could always skip No Son of Mine and I Can't Dance, and add that time to the 15-16 minutes to maybe give us what we all really want.....full length Suppers Ready?!!

We live in hope!!

They could just skip those 2 and improve the show by default! :)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• No, you are correct and I'm not ruling anything out. This whole thread is just pure conjecture until we get to see the show so I'm just putting my thoughts out there as Moonlitknight had asked. But I cant see Phil singing I cant dance when he cant hardly walk. But then again they have never taken themselves that seriously so Phil might make a play on that.

"I Literally Can't Dance..." The onstage banter practically writes itself.

• I wonder if they will do one solo song from each present member?

I have a feeling that they will play a lot of Duke because Banks once said that he was most proud of that album.

Thematically a lot of Duke song's lyrics fit a last tour concert. The Duchess and Duke's Travel's and Duke's End which nicely sets up the end of Los Endos at the very end. Check their last live album for songs that they played and most of those songs may not be played this time. You don't want to many repeat songs on a new live album and / or live DVD.

We know that they are going to play ABACAB , some part of Between The Lines unless their 2021 tour video is a set up to fool us about the set list.?

Songs that I would love to hear :

All of The Musical Box , The Chamber With 32 Doors , Mad , Mad Moon , The 11th Earl Of Mar ,

Entangled , all of The Fifth Of Firth , Looking For Some One , The Last Spike...?

I guess that I am just dreaming.? :P

• I too am holding out hope for hearing the first half of Cinema Show. With a key change and/or the backing vocalists handling those high harmonies I think it's a great new old song to bring back.

I know Mike forgot/hasn't been motivated to figure out the 12-string tunings but I can't believe Daryl couldn't do it if asked. It isn't the formula for Coca Cola we're talking about, and quite a few tribute bands have seemed to figure it out just fine...

It's not the tuning that's the issue, it's the part! I used to play it and will confidently say it was the toughest 12-string part to play, especially the bit that starts with "take a little trip back". Fingers are spread unbelievably.....

• Phil could have actually sung the high falsetto bit in 2007. I think he just chickened out. He sings higher in falsetto for I Know What I Like at the end of the choruses - Bs and Cs; the highest note in Cinema Show is an A.

• Phil could have actually sung the high falsetto bit in 2007. I think he just chickened out. He sings higher in falsetto for I Know What I Like at the end of the choruses - Bs and Cs; the highest note in Cinema Show is an A.

What still blows me away is that Phil was an extra in Beatles movie and even played on a Beatles song.^^

• You heard it here first :)

Abacab

Land of Confusion

NSOM

Old Medley - Musical Box, Duke, FOF, Apocalypse, IKWIL, Afterglow

HOMH

HBTS

Acoustic Set - Lovers Leap, FYFM, Ripples

Duchess

Mama

Domino

TIAA

Los Endos

TTT/Invisible Touch

Carpet Crawlers

Fading Lights - first 2 verses before the instrumental section - only 3 of them on stage

• Ok, what do any of you realistically think is the biggest surprise they'll pull?

My money is on Many Too Many.

Agree with MTM as a feasible surprise possibility, maybe also some element of Supper's Ready.

Old Medley - Musical Box, Duke, FOF, Apocalypse, IKWIL, Afterglow

Blimey. That is one long medley with a whole album incorporated.

Abandon all reason

• Don't see them not doing "I Can't Dance" or "Turn It On Again." Also, what a downer ending if that's really the encore. I have a feeling either "That's All" or "Misunderstanding" will return. They're the two biggest hits that fell out of rotation after the band hit it mega with IT.

It won't be 23 songs, but I'm still hoping for this:

1. Dance On A Volcano / The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

2. Behind The Lines

3. Duchess / The Musical Box (outro)

4. Land Of Confusion

5. No Son Of Mine

6. Squonk

7. Abacab

8 Jesus He Knows Me

9. Blood on the Rooftops, In The Cage, or a full Cinema Show or The Musical Box

-- acoustic set --

10. I Can't Dance

11. In Too Deep

12. Follow You, Follow Me

13. Mama

14. Firth of Fifth / I Know What I Like / Supper's Ready (Apocalypse, ASAEIE)

15. Hold on My Heart

16. Throwing It All Away

17. Domino

18. That's All

19. Fading Lights

Encore 1:

20. Misunderstanding

21. Tonight, Tonight, Tonight / Invisible Touch

Encore 2:

22. Carpet Crawlers

23. Turn It On Again