[SPOILERS] GENESIS 2021 setlist discussion

• Well, every single Genesis song written before the year 2000 qualifies as dated. But isn't that the exact reason to go to a Genesis concert? To see and hear and enjoy all the nostalgia. Personally, I do not need any modernization in how they present the songs since they are not touring every year so I would need any refreshments. I would not even mind if they play the same setlist as in 2007.

Only change accepted would be In Too Deep for Hold On My Heart. ;)

Ugh. If they play In Too Deep I’m headed to the bathroom lol.

• DO NOT READ if you want to be surprised. I"m not sure I believe this but.....https://www.loudersound.com/news/genesis-to-release-the-last-domino-collection

Interesting. If true it’s kind of a shame that the band would publicly state (to paraphrase) “most of the songs in this collection will be played on the tour.”

• I agree. Upon actually reading the Amazon post, it's a greatest hits album. I misread it as a live release.

Lol we are headed in opposite directions in our interpretation. I just edited my initial comment to underscore my displeasure with the band publicizing that most of the songs in the collection will be played on the tour. I’ve read basically the same press release on multiple sites stating that is the case.

• I agree. Upon actually reading the Amazon post, it's a greatest hits album. I misread it as a live release.

Amazon shows a different release date from the other sites (November instead of September) and the track listings are different as compared to the other websites. Talk about Land of Confusion.

• I just edited my initial comment to underscore my displeasure with the band publicizing that most of the songs in the collection will be played on the tour. I’ve read basically the same press release on multiple sites stating that is the case.

Yeah it'll be the same PR going to all media I suppose. Either someone's overstepping the mark saying this, or literally just over half those 27 songs will comprise the setlist. Which would mean, there's your source material - get sequencing, everyone!

Abandon all reason

• Yeah it'll be the same PR going to all media I suppose. Either someone's overstepping the mark saying this, or literally just over half those 27 songs will comprise the setlist. Which would mean, there's your source material - get sequencing, everyone!

I suppose so. Most of the songs on the CD set were slam dunks all along to be played on this tour. Bummer that Squonk is not on the CD, but I’m still holding out hope. One of the teaser vids of the band rehearsing features an image behind the band that sure looks like Squonk. As for Apocalypse in 9/8 I’ve pretty much given up hope. Given his comments in an interview Nic Collins finds it too challenging to play, unlike drummers for dozens of cover bands (sarcasm intended).

• Hard to know what the intention is of announcing that this collection represents the majority of the songs they'll play. Trying to drum up interest for the remaining unsold tickets? Seems like a funny strategy. Also, did they unintentional troll the fans trying to avoid this information?!

• so plenty of clues for the setlist then...as to be expected. Agree with the comment that could be a good way of further advertising the tour and reminding some of the variety of songs possibly playing

• Hard to know what the intention is of announcing that this collection represents the majority of the songs they'll play. Trying to drum up interest for the remaining unsold tickets? Seems like a funny strategy. Also, did they unintentional troll the fans trying to avoid this information?!

I think you’re on to something. Interesting that Amazon in the US lists November 19th as the release date. Clearly the different release dates coincide with the different legs of the tour.

• Just seen the collection. Its pretty predictable.

I hoped for a little bit of in that quiet earth and a little bit of dodo lurker. Very wishful thinking it seems now

Most of this thread is wishful thinking, intentionally so. As others are saying, I'm just going to be happy to see them.

Abandon all reason

• Most of this thread is wishful thinking, intentionally so. As others are saying, I'm just going to be happy to see them.

Amen. Just happy to see them again. Though I’m gonna have to talk my girlfriend off the ledge if they don’t play any of Supper’s Ready. She’d never heard that song before we met and now she’s a rabid fan.

• I’m going to make a couple predictions based off the track listing from the box set:

1. Based on the songs following Home By The Sea in the tracklisting of the box set I suspect that Home By The Sea is going to be the start of a medley. I think they may cut the song’s vocal reprise at the end and instead play a snippet of “Fading Lights”. Fading Lights could lead into the instrumental section of Cinema Show which then goes into Afterglow. This sounds like it might be too long for these guys now so they might do these songs but shortened and in a different order or just end HBTS with the Fading Lights snippet.

2. I am 99% positive that the acoustic set will be: That’s All, In Too Deep, Follow You Follow Me & Duchess. we can guess when the acoustic set starts in the set from the song locations in the boxset since we know they are doing an acoustic version of That’s All. However there’s additional reasons to suspect these songs. They wanted to do ITD on the 2007 tour but it was too difficult vocally. If they do the song in an acoustic arrangement augmented with backing vocalists I think Phil could pull it off. Phil and Mike did an acoustic version of FUFM in 2019 so that makes it a likely inclusion in the acoustic set. Given that we know they have been working on a new arrangement of Duchess it makes sense that it would be acoustic. I think The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway, Afterglow and I Can’t Dance are also possibilities.

3. The Encore will be Dancing with the moonlit knight’s intro, The Carpet Crawlers and Abacab

Edited 3 times, last by Snowbound ().

• Official Post

I now wonder if they will only do an edit of Abacab …?