[SPOILERS] GENESIS 2021 setlist discussion

• Oh wow, song clips! "Mama" sounds creepy in the new key.

Also a brief clip of Cinema Show. Given that Phil gave the full song a try during rehearsals last time but couldn’t hit the high notes I’m guessing we may be in for the usual ITC/Cinema Show/Afterglow medley, with some other bit folded in between CS and Afterglow. Also would seem to mean that Supper’s Ready didn’t make the final cut.

Also a brief clip of Cinema Show

Sorry, probably a very dumb question but... Where is that ?

Did you actually see it ?

:)

EDIT : Oh I see, there is actually a video on the APT web page... I didn't see it first, because the protection settings are too strong on Firefox, I had to disable it. But I still can't read it, it keeps telling me that there is an error. Probably because I'm in France, not in the US.

It makes my previous answer useless...

• My heart breaks a little when I hear 'the track is in a new key'. Saw Bon Jovi a few years back and some of the 80s stuff was performed in a new key by Jon

Anyway roll on the Genesis tour in a few weeks.

• I couldn't watch it either.

• this link may have already been posted,...so apologies

External Content www.facebook.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

despite the change in key, think Phil looks in good shape and healthier than previous clips!

bring it on!

• Here it is:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• So from the clip, several songs are keyed down 2 whole tones from the original. Land of Confusion is in B minor, Mama is in C minor, and Domino (end section) is in B flat. Cinema Show remains in A and I am a bit disappointed that Tony is still keeping the lead melody line an octave lower like he did on the 2007 tour. Turn It On Again remains in A, same as the 2007 tour.

Because of perfect pitch, songs sound different to me in different keys. So it will be interesting to experience these songs in different keys. Sometimes this works really well and other times I don't like the key change.

• Hi

New to the forum. This will have A LOT of spoilers. Just keep that in mind...

I just wanted to say I watched the APT program. It’s very good, but it’s more about them trying to get ready to tour before and during a pandemic. There's also no reference to the North American tour. So I'm thinking this was shot when they were rehearsing thinking the pandemic wouldn't last for long and they'd do the UK/Europe tour and that would be it. Anyway, since this is a setlist forum, here you go... (Don't shoot the messenger. Keep in mind this is for an American audience. So there may be some more obscure songs that wouldn't fit in a PBS program)

Turn it on Again

Carpet Crawlers

Jesus

Duchess

Domino

That's All into LLDOB (Phil was pushing to give that a try, don't know if it stuck)

HBTS

Mama

Tonight x3 (Didn't play enough to know if it was the full song or not. I've heard rumors of the instrumental part, but what was filmed was the beginning of the song)

Cinema Show (interlude) into Afterglow

Behind the Lines

Land of Confusion

Domino

Throwing it All Away

• I heard an interview with Daryl in which he talked about rehearsing That’s All for the tour. Hopefully they’ll do TLLDOB as well. That’s a pretty full list of songs. There are only a few more that I think are shoe-ins to be included in the set (Abacab; IT; and ICD) and a couple more that strike me as likely (Firth of Fifth; Los Endos). Would love to see/hear Squonk as well.

• @

I heard an interview with Daryl in which he talked about rehearsing That’s All for the tour. Hopefully they’ll do TLLDOB as well. That’s a pretty full list of songs. There are only a few more that I think are shoe-ins to be included in the set (Abacab; IT; and ICD) and a couple more that strike me as likely (Firth of Fifth; Los Endos). Would love to see/hear Squonk as well.

Can you let us know where you saw the documentary? Which channel ?

• @

Can you let us know where you saw the documentary? Which channel ?

Hi,

I actually work in the PBS system. Would rather not give more info that that. This show isn't available as a standard offer. In order for a station to air it, they'd have to pay extra in order to get this show, as well as other, usually music based programs as well. I'm not seeing a lot of stations airing this in general, and if they do, it probably won't be for at least a month or two.