[SPOILERS] GENESIS 2021 setlist discussion

• As much as Los Endos is a wonderful piece to end a concert with, it wouldn't make sense to finish a concert now with a piece that Phil doesn't participate in. At least with Carpet Crawlers, he is singing through to the end.

• Here’s an idea . . . just curious how folks would feel about hearing an instrumental version of Apocalypse in 9/8 like this one on this tour.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I would prefer them to have left The Cinema Show, which they've done countlessly, out and done Apocalypse in 9/8 for the keyboard solo. But one of my favourite aspects of As Sure As Eggs Is Eggs is the vocal melody and I'm not sure how well it works without vocals. I think if they segued Apocalypse into Afterglow that would be the best.

• I would prefer them to have left The Cinema Show, which they've done countlessly, out and done Apocalypse in 9/8 for the keyboard solo. But one of my favourite aspects of As Sure As Eggs Is Eggs is the vocal melody and I'm not sure how well it works without vocals. I think if they segued Apocalypse into Afterglow that would be the best.

when i saw that "fading lights / cinema show / afterglow" medley in the setlists, i thougt they would start playing the instrumental section of fading lights after the second chorus, and then it would evolve into the cinema show. hearing the cinema show instrumental tune right after phil singing "...the days of our lives... remember..." was odd to me, it even gave me a fright. ;)

• It doesnt work that medley they are doing.

Also firth of fifth just starting with the drums is pretty lame too.

The old medley they did in the 90s was epic. (even though all the all fogie genesis fans complained about it)

Everything worked beautifully for that..

• It doesnt work that medley they are doing.

Also firth of fifth just starting with the drums is pretty lame too.

The old medley they did in the 90s was epic. (even though all the all fogie genesis fans complained about it)

Everything worked beautifully for that..

The shame of it is that the vocal parts of Firth of Fifth seem like something Phil’s voice, circa 2021, could handle. Still I’ll take the abbreviated version over newer stuff they could have plugged into the set list (In Too Deep and Hold on My Heart come to mind).

• Firth of Fifth is easier to sing than some Genesis songs, but it still would have to be keyed down a bit for his current range, perhaps by a full step. So either the whole instrumental section would also have to be keyed down or they would have to do some kind of extra transposition into that section.

The Cinema Show section they do is fine, but I could also have done without it as it has been on many tours.

• I think it would be awesome to let the fans vote for one song like the Rolling Stones do. That being said I promised myself not to complain about the setlist and just be grateful that I’m getting to see them live again. But as you know, promises are meant to he broken. lol 😂

• I think it would be awesome to let the fans vote for one song like the Rolling Stones do. That being said I promised myself not to complain about the setlist and just be grateful that I’m getting to see them live again. But as you know, promises are meant to he broken. lol 😂

I got to do that when I saw the Stones in Brisbane. I voted for Respectable, but they played Silver Train, which was fine, because Mick Taylor was a guest!

I’d love that opportunity, but I’d wager that many nights Supper’s Ready would be the choice. I can imagine the band saying “Oh god, 23 minutes of Supper’s Ready. Either the show is now 3 hours or we have to cut 2 longish songs or 3 medium-short length songs.”

• I’d love that opportunity, but I’d wager that many nights Supper’s Ready would be the choice. I can imagine the band saying “Oh god, 23 minutes of Supper’s Ready. Either the show is now 3 hours or we have to cut 2 longish songs or 3 medium-short length songs.”

Or there'd be a subversive vote that sent Whodunnit into an unbeatable lead.

Abandon all reason

• Official Post

It appears that

will be played in North America. I wonder what track will be kicked out of the set for that. Or will this. Be played as an add on?

• the european edition of 'the last domino' two cd compilation, is pretty much the european setlist in the same order, with some extra tracks that haven't been played live this time, such as jesus he knows me, in too deep...

the running order of the american 'last domino' compilation differs quite a bit from the european edition. i wonder if that will reflect the american setlist, as well.

• Please don't let them kick out Duchess!

If something has to go, let it be the acoustic Lamb.

(I applaud them for trying something different, but that arrangement is not my cup of tea.)

I wish it was I Can’t Dance, but I seriously doubt they will drop that.

• I've said it before: I'm still a bit taken aback by the utter hatred of ICD regularly voiced on this forum. There, I said it again.

I don’t hate ICD. It’s just compared to seeing TLLDOB or Duchess dropped I’d prefer that ICD be dropped. Simply a matter of “degrees of like.”

• I don’t hate ICD. It’s just compared to seeing TLLDOB or Duchess dropped I’d prefer that ICD be dropped. Simply a matter of “degrees of like.”

OK fair enough. I've seen a fair bit of vitriol thrown at it here, but I get you're not doing that. Agreed that it's highly unlikely it'd be dropped.

It would be a shame for US audiences if either Lamb or especially Duchess were bumped for Misunderstanding. I suspect though that Duchess is in exactly the spot they'd likely put it. But is it unlikely they'd simply add it, not do a swap?

Abandon all reason

• We all have our own personal set lists for sure. If That's All got swapped out for Misunderstandung, I'd be fine wih that. I can say there isn't a bad song in the set, so I'd err on leaving it. Duchess needs to stay for sure.