Corona Virus - Stay Safe

• Thank you,

Same to you and yours and everyone connected to the forum. Time to hunker down and revisit our music collections and enjoy those obscure bits we don’t listen to often.

Take care

• It's weird how pretty much all our small stores have closed down now.

Small stores plus churches as well. Makes you realize the severity of this. Even trades people cannot visit houses anymore, unless in desire emergency.

The traffic has pretty much halved in size during this week and I assume will get even worse.

Canadian and Ontarian PM announced that workers will not get fired if they stay at home i.e. to look after the kids etc......

Our concern is the weak and elderly who have a bad immune system.

The virus effects mainly the lungs area with flu symptoms.. Some good doctors suggest you hold your breath for at least 20 seconds or more without panting. I used to be able to hold my breath for 1.30 minutes or more as I used to be a diver. Now I can hold it for 45 seconds.

There are still some Jerks out there, who don't wash their hands. Wash your hands for 20 seconds or more, plus use hand sanitizer.

The good news is that China's deaths have slowed down, unfortunately Italy's cases have got worse at very high rates.

Wishing everyone on here a safe free isolation from people and hope soon an antivirus is found quickly....

• I went to a few supermarkets to do some grocery shopping this morning. What I found shocked me. There were lines wrapped around the stores with people right up next to each other, totally disregarding the social distancing recommendations of 3-6 feet from each other. I didn't stop at those locations, but found a Smart & Final market that was only a bit crowded. They had water and other foods we were looking for; still no toilet paper though. I found a local egg ranch that was selling 30-egg flats for $5, so I was able to purchase some eggs, and a few avocados as well.

I hope you all are able to find the groceries and other necessities you will need in order to be able to hunker down at home for awhile.

• I went to a few supermarkets to do some grocery shopping this morning. What I found shocked me. There were lines wrapped around the stores with people right up next to each other, totally disregarding the social distancing recommendations of 3-6 feet from each other. I didn't stop at those locations, but found a Smart & Final market that was only a bit crowded. They had water and other foods we were looking for; still no toilet paper though. I found a local egg ranch that was selling 30-egg flats for $5, so I was able to purchase some eggs, and a few avocados as well.

I hope you all are able to find the groceries and other necessities you will need in order to be able to hunker down at home for awhile.

What bothers me, is the USA right now are booming in their gun sales.=O

It appears that even hairdressers, pet stores plus certain clothing stores have closed the doors till further notice.

Managed to buy a box of face tissues today. :) So at a push can use that instead of toilet roll.:thumbup:

Generally I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, so no shortage there.:)

• Here in the UK we've had astonishing and depressing scenes of panic-buying by selfish inconsiderate wankers, some of whom have also abused shop staff. The government haven't exactly covered themselves in glory and there have been conflicting views among the public regarding best advice for dealing with the virus. Reports are starting to come through of racist abuse directed at Chinese and "Asian-looking" people going about their business.

But as well as bringing out the worst in people, the situation is also bringing out the best. It's heartwarming to see initiatives some are spontaneously setting up to help those in need.

It's a strange and worrying time, especially with things we take for granted shutting down, such as schools, social venues, public transport etc. It's necessary and we'll get through it but not before many more have become ill or died, and with some businesses collapsing, never to re-open. Very tough...

As already said, everyone be sensible and look after yourselves and your loved ones.

At least we know it's safe coming here and chatting!

Abandon all reason

• You say it much better than me, BD. I concur.

• This Australian guy is great on his maths and helped me keep in line from what I forgotten over the years :P^^

Not sure if this is true or not, but!!!

I’ve heard that Covid 19 has improved the mortality rate in some countries that are in lockdown. The reduction in vehicle use has been so significant that the air quality has improved so much, to the point that the number of deaths due to breathing difficulties from air pollution have dropped.

• It's weird that no news has shown up from Russia's side of the world :/ with this virus.

Latest pictures shows Putin shaking hands :cursing:

• What's COVID19 going to do to the homeless and street people? without treatment will they just die or extend the duration of the epidemic because they never got treatment.

I know in UK, those abandoned hotels will accommodate the homeless.

Both Canadian and Ontarian PM has told non essential workers to stay at home. As I'm a trades person, I need to stay to home. :(

• Yeah, it's crazy times. My manager told us that our workload is decreasing at a very fast pace. I work from home as a medical coder for a hospital in Pennsylvania. Doctors are rescheduling surgeries and procedures while focusing mainly on the coronavirus patients, so I may have to take time off. I feel for you, Noni. Best wishes, my friend. I hope we can put this behind us, sooner rather than later.

• It would be interesting to see how many guys out there suffer from grey hair. As most places are shut..... Apart from my trimmed beard, my hair is pretty much jet black, not bad at 58 ^^!...... We will see how many guys that are actually dying their hair:?: LOL

• I've been seeing a lot of reports, that the worlds pollution has dropped quite a lot, since we've had this lock down and companies have closed down.

Canada has offered unlimited internet access and reduced electricity by 20%...

• In Britain 500,000 volunteers have signed up to help the NHS.....:)

Plus the government orders 10,000 ventilators from Dyson, now if that does not take your breath away, nothing will....;)

• Amidst all this darkness, there is a bright side to me being forced to set up in my basement office and work from home.

Admittedly, I tend to be a workaholic, completely immersing myself in my job and spending far too much time away from home where I have family and pets.

Now, I'm here for lunch and dinner with the family, I make sure to spend time outside playing with the dogs which is something I don't think happens a lot when I'm away.

When I am working, as long as I'm not on the phone, I've got music on, tapping into a large collection.

Not to make light of a bad situation - but I think there are some aspects of my current circumstances I'd like to hold on to when things get back to normal.

• Plus the government orders 10,000 ventilators from Dyson, now if that does not take your breath away, nothing will....;)

As they will probably be made in their Chinese factories, that might be the case!

Ian

Works with chess - Not with life