Corona Virus - Stay Safe

• We are now back in lock down for 28 days.:(

I am in Atlantic Canada and I feel for my friends in Ontario and Quebec. But I'm sure this newest lockdown will help lower your case numbers that are staggering.

The key here in Nova Scotia it's low because hardly any people come here; we are not a hub that is exposed to thousands travelling in and out like Toronto. That is one of the reasons but another is the culture, just last week in Ontario a bunch of crazy teenagers had car racing and tire skidding competitions!

I don't blame Premier Ford for that call and also, Canada still depends on foreign vaccines coming in. Lastly, those nasty highly contagious UK and Brazilian variants are causing an even more severe spread.

My prayers are with you guys.

• I'm a bit wary taking the vaccine because of these variants. Until this proves reliable then I will take it.

If I'm forced to take it, so be it. They may stop me all together going out unless I have the vaccine. But that will not happen for a few more months.

• I'm a bit wary taking the vaccine because of these variants. Until this proves reliable then I will take it.

If I'm forced to take it, so be it. They may stop me all together going out unless I have the vaccine. But that will not happen for a few more months.

The johnson and johnson one was tested in south america and south africa, and none of the trial participants that received the active treatment (the vaccine) were hospitalized with COVID. It's not a guarantee against infection, but it is very good protection against severe disease.

To your specific concern: there will never be a vaccine that will protect against all *future* variants. It will keep circulating and mutating, and the situation may eventually settle into a pattern where we need a covid shot every year, along with our flu shot. But to get to that point of stability, we need to cut down circulation now with the vaccines we have now, which will limit the amount of variation to some extent and allow us to get a handle on it. A situation like Brazil is the worst possible, so much opportunity for mutation and escape from immunity (natural or vaccine induced). At least canada is taking public health measures to protect the world.

Tldr; I understand the apprehension about getting a shot but I would recommend it strongly.

• There are side effects for every type of medication. But if you look at the statistics it very rare to get any serious reactions.

There has been a lot of talk about blood clots, yet I read this today, "This works out at a risk of one in 250,000, or 0.0004%."

The way our family have looked at it, is even if you get some side effects it is still better than getting covid itself. I have had my first dose of the vaccine and should get my second in May. I know some who have not taken the vaccine but for me personally this is the way forward and only way we are going to get out of this pandemic.

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Had my first jab yesterday. They first said it will be astra Zeneca, but due to recent findings it was changed to Biontech. Astra Zeneca is still being used in Germany, but for 60 years old plus only.

As for me, no side effects so far

• There are side effects for every type of medication. But if you look at the statistics it very rare to get any serious reactions.

There has been a lot of talk about blood clots, yet I read this today, "This works out at a risk of one in 250,000, or 0.0004%."

The way our family have looked at it, is even if you get some side effects it is still better than getting covid itself. I have had my first dose of the vaccine and should get my second in May. I know some who have not taken the vaccine but for me personally this is the way forward and only way we are going to get out of this pandemic.

Totally agree, my mother had her second jab on Wed, just over 2 months short of her 99th birthday, minor side effects both times, well worth the trouble for she would not have survived Covid.

Ian

Works with chess - Not with life

• There seems to be an issue with the J&J as of late, I don't have the details.

About the trombosis side effects of the AZ, those occur in a very low number of cases.

And if you are not sure about taking it now, depending where you live and when you decide to travel internationally, it will be a globally mandated requirement. I'm glad to at least have the first Pfizer shot.

Keep safe!

I'm wary of the AZ vaccine with the recent blood clot cases, and we're not really given much choice. There are more available because they are much cheaper.

Yes, I know the "benefits outweigh the risks". Heard this over and over again! :rolleyes: Very rare risks I know too, but some people are the unlucky ones, aren't they?

• I heard about the J&J today. Apparently 26 people collapsed after taking it in US, 4 of which went to hospital. Not enough testing on these vaccines it seems!

• I heard about the J&J today. Apparently 26 people collapsed after taking it in US, 4 of which went to hospital. Not enough testing on these vaccines it seems!

From Yahoo: North Carolina health officials said on Thursday that they stopped administering Johnson & Johnson doses at a mass vaccination site in Raleigh and at clinics in Hillsborough and Chapel Hill after at least 26 people experienced adverse reactions, including fainting.

• From Yahoo: North Carolina health officials said on Thursday that they stopped administering Johnson & Johnson doses at a mass vaccination site in Raleigh and at clinics in Hillsborough and Chapel Hill after at least 26 people experienced adverse reactions, including fainting.

Sounds like inadequate training for the administration staff on site. Contamination, over/under dilution, something along those lines.

Ian

Works with chess - Not with life

• The Pfizer vaccine has seemed to be fairly safe. I’m a RN in the United States. I received both doses of the Pfizer without a reaction, and most of the patients I take care of have been fine.

• Hopefully this all weill help got get our lives back, and in our special case, live shows as well. Still it's quite scary what goes on in countries like Brazil or India.

• The Pfizer vaccine has seemed to be fairly safe. I’m a RN in the United States. I received both doses of the Pfizer without a reaction, and most of the patients I take care of have been fine.

We call it the BioNtech vaccine over here ;)

I had my first jab - no reaction. Second one is due at the end of this month.