Corona Virus - Stay Safe

• Just when you thought the Huckleberry Dumbbells couldn’t get any more Huckleberry Dumbbell: Mississippi health officials are dealing with a large number of people who took Invermectin, which is designed to treat cattle, believing it would protect them from Covid.

A large number, eh? Are they herding them together? Well I suppose they've got to grab this thing by the horns.

Seems appropriate that people who talk and believe bullshit should take cattle meds.

Abandon all reason

• Just when you thought the Huckleberry Dumbbells couldn’t get any more Huckleberry Dumbbell: Mississippi health officials are dealing with a large number of people who took Invermectin, which is designed to treat cattle, believing it would protect them from Covid.

:|

I swear to God, half of them could be rendered severely demented and the other half lose every hair on their body while glowing luminescent blue, and the shrieking loons would spam Twitter with never-ending, triumphant threads about how none of them got COVID.

(They'll probably get covid. Ivermectin doesn't work very well if at all).

• that is disgusting that you feel satisfaction in this case. apart from that we have no proof of anything what you want to tell us here with that propagandistic bullshit. only proof I see is what kind of person you are.

I've known Counting Out Time for over 11 years. Your post could not be more insulting, misplaced or wrong. I've known you barely weeks, but it's clear you either do not understand English very well, or are of questionable sanity. Your presence here is clearly unwanted by many of the quality regular members, I'm hoping the moderators will act on the statement I have made to them about this post when I reported it. You could just do the right thing and leave, however!

Ian

Works with chess - Not with life

• I've known Counting Out Time for over 11 years. Your post could not be more insulting, misplaced or wrong. I've known you barely weeks, but it's clear you either do not understand English very well, or are of questionable sanity. Your presence here is clearly unwanted by many of the quality regular members, I'm hoping the moderators will act on the statement I have made to them about this post when I reported it. You could just do the right thing and leave, however!

Also bear in mind this was the person who pissed on the memory of Holocaust victims by whining about lockdowns and masks being "like living in 1930s Germany." Yet feels he can get pompously high & mighty about someone else's post.

Abandon all reason

• Also bear in mind this was the person who pissed on the memory of Holocaust victims by whining about lockdowns and masks being "like living in 1930s Germany." Yet feels he can get pompously high & mighty about someone else's post.

Oh, trust me! I HAVEN'T forgotten!

Ian

Works with chess - Not with life

• We appear to have a group of English speakers pretending they are not familiar with the As much as I construct. Faux outrage from "quality regular members", trying to get someone kicked off. Pompous indeed.

"As much as I hate to hear that they are very sick,"

Doesn't matter what you put after the comma

Edited once, last by vl1 ().

• We appear to have a group of English speakers pretending they are not familiar with the As much as I construct. Faux outrage from "quality regular members", trying to get someone kicked off. Pompous indeed.

"As much as I hate to hear that they are very sick,"

Doesn't matter what you put after the comma

As much as I hate to criticize your post, it really is an insufferable load of noxious twaddle.

• And another one appears with his abusive insults, you can't address the point, so you just insult people.

The point?

Please do tell what that is. It should be gold.

Or you know what, don't. I didn't insult you. I insulted your post, which deserved it because it was shit. I doubt you have a point. There are clearly two sides here, much as we might hate to make it that simple, and I'm comfortable taking one. If there's a point about this little subthread, my take is the person who's neighbors got sick, and who I don't know personally, tried to help them before it was too late. His or her efforts gave him satisfaction, not their sickness. A literate, intelligent, normal human would deduce this from that post. You have to start from a skewed, biased position to do otherwise. You do, read the post again. I'm not sure I'd have the same satisfaction, but that is purely because I'd be insensate with rage at these hospitalized fools and it would obscure all else.

• The point is some guy, not for the first time, is trying to get another user kicked off by the mods. And the clique are joining in.

The choice of words had a meaning, adding "As much as" to the front of the sentence, changed that meaning, intentionally or otherwise. The Trump/antivax stuff didn't help his case. Murdock responded to the change of meaning implied by the first three words.

It could have been "I hate to hear that they are very sick," not contentious at all,

To try to misuse someones correct understanding of English against him, to manipulate the mods into kicking someone off the forum is not on.

There is a clear polarisation around the world, which is being ramped up by governments to divide society, This has happened in 6 months, everyone was on the same page just a few months ago, it's crazy.

Edited 5 times, last by vl1 ().

• What is is with people on here, does nobody understand context or meaning anymore, is it the effect of smartphones?

Your response to my post the other day suggested you were reading words and meaning into my post that weren't there

Try reading posts carefully in order, and then you might get the point.

I couldn't care less what someone on the internet thinks of their neighbour, but I wish them well. This is about unpleasant behaviour towards other users here. Calling peoples posts shit, bullshit, twaddle etc etc, just because they have a different opinion

Edited once, last by vl1 ().

• What is is with people on here, does nobody understand context or meaning anymore, is it the effect of smartphones?

Your response to my post the other day suggested you were reading words and meaning into my post that weren't there

Try reading posts carefully in order, and then you might get the point.

What are you on about? What post? What day?

This is a thread about coronavirus. I'm not going to rehash the last hour of my life. Goodnight. And get vaccinated if you're not.