Corona Virus - Stay Safe

• It's all about him. Throughout this crisis he has not uttered one word of sympathy for those who have died.

Maybe those who love him will change their minds now ...

This is showing the true colours of Trump and what he is.

On the opposite side from what I'm reading, the public are in great support to Boris Johnson over this Coronavirus.

• Maybe those who love him will change their minds now ...

Trump's popularity is high right now. He can do no wrong. They call him Teflon Don because nothing sticks; everything just rolls off him. On Friday, he fired a Navy Commander of a ship out at sea who raised the issue of more than 100 confined sailors who are infected with COVID-19 . He sent a letter to his superiors saying the ship needed to be docked and the sailors quarantined. These men and women are heroes and should be treated as such. Trump fired him for being subordinate and unprofessional. It never ends with this clown. He disgusts me.

• Trump's popularity is high right now. He can do no wrong. They call him Teflon Don because nothing sticks; everything just rolls off him. On Friday, he fired a Navy Commander of a ship out at sea who raised the issue of more than 100 confined sailors who are infected with COVID-19 . He sent a letter to his superiors saying the ship needed to be docked and the sailors quarantined. These men and women are heroes and should be treated as such. Trump fired him for being subordinate and unprofessional. It never ends with this clown. He disgusts me.

Don't think that this new approval rating has any depth. Remember when George H.W. Bush's approval rating during/after the first Gulf War was around 90%; a little over a year and a half later, he was unemployed. This bump is just people rallying around the president during a crisis (also, his bump still leaves him abysmal territory). If the death toll continues to mount (and unfortunately it will), his delay in taking his few, insufficient steps will become more visibly horrifying even to the slow-witted Fox "News" viewer.

The firing of the Navy captain is virtually treasonous in my view; add it to the basketload of such offenses he already has. He also stealthily and cowardly (his true nature) fired the Inspector General of Intelligence Community, the one who properly and legally alerted Congress to the existence of the whistleblower report on the Ukraine incident.

He is, simply put, the Mob-Boss-In-Chief.

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• No nude sunbathing, Im afraid!... :D

Queens speech later.

America is wrong to Isolate main products.

UK will help other countries

Formula 1 was mentioned :):thumbup:

• Why does he want to meet dictators? And anyway, who in any of the categories he lists is going to be travelling to see him? Muppet!

Ian

There is a church bell

That rings on the hour

Filling the streets

Stopping the world awhile

• Why does he want to meet dictators?

Because he seems to be a student of dictatorial practices as evidenced in his propensity for repeating lies until they are accepted as truth, denigrating his predecessors, and erasing and re-writing history.

It's ironic that at the time of a global pandemic, the leader in the White House conducts himself in a way that is clearly reminiscent of leaders who were around during the last global pandemic.

In that instance, it was a militaristic one.

• Just heard from the UK that all major operations have been called off. This is really sad, as all major staff are involved in this Coronavirus ;(

• I loved seeing and hearing Queen Elizabeth today being very strong and reassuring. She's a wonderful leader, always unifying, always hopeful and optimistic. I understand that she's a member of the privileged sector of British society, but for me she's always been a calming presence. I wish all Brits and the people of every nation around the world the best during this very strange time. Stay strong!

• I wish Boris well despite political differences.

Trump said about Boris 'he's a great friend of mine'.

Once again, a person's only worth is in their relation to Trump first and foremost (he goes on to say 'I'm sure he's going to be fine, he's a strong man, a strong person').

• Earlier I saw a video of Trump urging terminally ill people to vote for him before they die.... as if we needed any further confirmation he is the lowest form of scum in existence.

I have more respect for the virus than I ever would for him.

Abandon all reason

• Last week I read a piece from 2013 - yes, 2013 - in which a noted epidemiologist reported on what seemed to be a new strain of coronavirus that had emerged from certain species of Chinese horseshoe bat, which appeared to cross directly to humans and attacked lung tissue. He advised that the practice of hunting and eating bats needed to end. Later, a scientific conference raised this issue as needing to be dealt with.

If only they'd been listened to.

Abandon all reason

• Last week I read a piece from 2013 - yes, 2013 - in which a noted epidemiologist reported on what seemed to be a new strain of coronavirus that had emerged from certain species of Chinese horseshoe bat, which appeared to cross directly to humans and attacked lung tissue. He advised that the practice of hunting and eating bats needed to end. Later, a scientific conference raised this issue as needing to be dealt with.

If only they'd been listened to.

One of several instances of Chinese food standards causing health issues which could spread beyond their borders. Not helped by their secrecy and lies. Personally, I think the World should bill the Chinese Government for the costs of Coronavirus, if they'd dealt with it in Wuhan as soon as it appeared, we'd have been spared all this.

Ian

There is a church bell

That rings on the hour

Filling the streets

Stopping the world awhile

• One of several instances of Chinese food standards causing health issues which could spread beyond their borders. Not helped by their secrecy and lies. Personally, I think the World should bill the Chinese Government for the costs of Coronavirus, if they'd dealt with it in Wuhan as soon as it appeared, we'd have been spared all this.

It's not even as if this is the first time a new viral illness has emerged from practices at Chinese food markets. The Chinese government should indeed be held to account for the current situation, which is killing people.

Abandon all reason

• Where I work much research is being done to combat this virus. I was talking to one of the scientists a few weeks ago and she has been researching the link between bats and the corona virus and she that is there is a definite link. When you see some of the pictures of the animals being sold in Chinese markets it is disgusting. A lot to answer for

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• The reduction in deaths today made me happy, however, every time I've said "we've hit the peak" there's been another spike, so I'm not jumping the gun this time.