Corona Virus - Stay Safe

• Piers Morgan has "had a go" at everyone who has seen Trump's Covid diagnosis as a good thing, which is ironic, as him getting it too would be icing on the cake!

Ian

There is a church bell

That rings on the hour

Filling the streets

Stopping the world awhile

• Ordinarily I'd not wish illness on anyone but I have to admit I absolutely do like the thought of those who dismiss/deny it catching it and feeling at least as ill as I did. But the problem is they'd generally be the types to not wear masks or practise proper distancing so would likely spread it and that means bad news for the rest of us.

Abandon all reason

• Just seen pictures of him waving to is "supporters" from inside a car. What's going on? Everybody else would be criticized for being outside if they had Covid

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Just seen pictures of him waving to is "supporters" from inside a car. What's going on? Everybody else would be criticized for being outside if they had Covid

What's going on is that he is as usual a completely self-obsessed egocentric simply looking for a photo op.

Abandon all reason

• He is now the instant expert on something he dismissed as a 'hoax'. He now says people shouldn't be 'afraid' of it. He recovered after three (NOTE) days so what's the big deal?

• He's an egomaniacal self-righteous oaf. As much as he and everyone around him lie, I wouldn't be surprised to hear he never had the virus and that this was just a political hoax.

• He's an egomaniacal self-righteous oaf. As much as he and everyone around him lie, I wouldn't be surprised to hear he never had the virus and that this was just a political hoax.

my thoughts mirror yours, how do we know he has had it for sure. Three days after it and says he feels 20 years younger it doesn’t add up to me at all. Obviously he will feel better after taking dexamethasone, it’s bound to make anyone improve as it’s a steroid at the end of the day and he will have a short term feeling of being somehow revitalised.

I don’t think he’s has it , let him be independently tested for antibodies.

• I'm usually very cautious about such theories - they abounded regarding Boris Johnson's spell in hospital, the timeline of which coupled with his subsequent even worse than usual appearance suggested to me he'd definitely had it. But for an overweight man in his 70s to bounce back after 3 days of supposedly having the virus shouts bullshit to me. And probably also shouts 'stunt'.

Of course, his disciples are hailing it as his being all-powerful and unstoppable.

Abandon all reason

• He is now the instant expert on something he dismissed as a 'hoax'. He now says people shouldn't be 'afraid' of it. He recovered after three (NOTE) days so what's the big deal?

Notwithstanding the comments about "has he really had it?" which may well be valid, it's easy to say "don't be afraid of it" when you have abused your position of wealth and power to embrace every known tereatment available, which no-one else would have access to. Be funny if he did an "Elvis" in a day or two.

Ian

There is a church bell

That rings on the hour

Filling the streets

• I do feel sorry for all the people whom are not wealthy who haven’t had anywhere near As much care and attention as Trump has. I watch this ridiculous show that is being put on and think to myself if he was poor and a normal person would he be so blasé?, he’s had more doctors around him than I’ve seen looking after 600 people over here. I used to work in the Health services and a consultant would be responsible for many individuals (Trump seems to have a multitude of doctors to himself!). He is riding roughshod over the rules telling people not to be afraid of it and get out there?. It just is so irresponsible and I find it upsetting that the rich seem to have so many outlets of help were as the man in the street has nothing apart from scraps!. If he has had it then he’s got off lightly so it seems. I hope Trump himself comes through it without any issues, but if he is using it for points to boost his chances of 4 more years I really think that is low.

I do feel though that throwing all the available treatments at it in one go isn’t the way to go, if he does worsen (which I hope doesn’t occur) then they won’t be left with much to treat him with.

Edited 2 times, last by Wayne ().

• Notwithstanding the comments about "has he really had it?" which may well be valid, it's easy to say "don't be afraid of it" when you have abused your position of wealth and power to embrace every known tereatment available, which no-one else would have access to. Be funny if he did an "Elvis" in a day or two.

What was as bad was some idiot from his campaing squealing 'he's had it and Biden hasn't! He's better than Biden'!

Biden took precautions, followed advice of health experts and didn't scream about his 'freedom' being violated.

I'm not going to say Trump didn't have Covid (which I notice he now calls Covid or coronavirus, not the 'China virus'.... because I don't want to fall into the fake news trap which he uses himself. I also notice that his first action on his 'recovery' was to stop discussion of a Covid stimulus package. If any person at all thought he learned anything from this episode, they were wrong.

• The footage last night on the balcony at the White House where Trump stood stoically for a photo op, after being released from the hospital, it was apparent he was struggling to breathe. If someone had wiped the orange goop from his face, I'm sure he would have looked very pale and sickly. The White House is not releasing any new information on his progress, one way or the other, and Trump tweeted this morning that he has ordered his negotiators to stop any advancement in the move to help put forth another stimulus package for Americans who have lost their jobs and are about to lose their homes. He states that once he is re-elected he will agree to restart negotiations for a new stimulus package. Hell, by then millions more people will be living on the street. The guy is a monster. I hope we never see anything like him ever again. Half of the voters in this country are sucked tightly up his ass and think he's amazing. I can't help but feel that these people have gone mad, or is it me whose lost his mind and Trump actually is the "stable genius" he calls himself?

• The footage last night on the balcony at the White House where Trump stood stoically for a photo op, after being released from the hospital, it was apparent he was struggling to breathe. If someone had wiped the orange goop from his face, I'm sure he would have looked very pale and sickly. The White House is not releasing any new information on his progress, one way or the other, and Trump tweeted this morning that he has ordered his negotiators to stop any advancement in the move to help put forth another stimulus package for Americans who have lost their jobs and are about to lose their homes. He states that once he is re-elected he will agree to restart negotiations for a new stimulus package. Hell, by then millions more people will be living on the street. The guy is a monster. I hope we never see anything like him ever again. Half of the voters in this country are sucked tightly up his ass and think he's amazing. I can't help but feel that these people have gone mad, or is it me whose lost his mind and Trump actually is the "stable genius" he calls himself?

I think the Trump-voting portion of the electorate comprises a mix of people who are assholes, extremely selfish or extremely stupid. They only need one of the three attributes, but can have any combination. This refers to the people who intend voting for him in 2020, not necessarily those who did so in 2016.

Regarding his covid, I agree he doesn't look well. There are some well informed theories on twitter about how the combination of unproven therapies he received and the timing they were administered could backfire. If I were him I'd be very very nervous for the next week or so... But his ego wouldn't allow that.

The only scenario in which he could be called a "genius" would be if he were in a stable, being compared to the other inhabitants! ;)

Ian

There is a church bell

That rings on the hour

Filling the streets

• His numbers aren't great but I still advise caution. As I think I said here before remember the sequence:

He won't be nominated

He won't be selected

He won't win

He won't last

The Russia report will get him

He'll be removed after impeachment

Now people, who've said all the above these last 4 years, are saying "he won't win a 2nd term". I can only wonder if those people have learned nothing.

Abandon all reason

• Some day...some day...

I have read this in another forum the other day:

Of course trump will not commit to a peaceful transition..he knows he can't..because he will then be arrested..so he will have flown way before then. Somewhere, anywhere. He will leave behind his family, and 'friends' just to save himself..he doesn't care about them.and with his bank accounts frozen they better have their own money.

And there will be no civil war because that would require presence and effort and leadership - and he can only muster presence and that's not enough so he will run..and his followers will be so devastated by his betrayal that they will hide

I liked that.

First we learned to walk on water.

Then we tried something harder.

- Red Seven -

• But what if he wins?? That would spell doom that will last a LOT more than 4 years impacting generations, scary.

That's one of the reasons he wants 4 more years...he cannot be arrested while he is President. The moment he becomes a private citizen, he can be cuffed. I hope they have the balls to do it. I think Biden will win. If it's another crooked election, Trump will win. It appears our nation can't do a thing to stop him. The mindset in the USA these past 4 years has completely changed. People love this guy and would do anything for him. This isn't the America I know anymore. Trump cares for nobody but himself. His ego knows no bounds. Instead of doing the job of President of the United States, he sits in front of the television and tweets hateful remarks about people who have "wronged" him. What a sick f**k.