Corona Virus - Stay Safe

• Trump cares for nobody but himself. His ego knows no bounds. Instead of doing the job of President of the United States, he sits in front of the television and tweets hateful remarks about people who have "wronged" him. What a sick f**k.

That's a very biased assessment... You've very one-sidedly only mentioned his good points.

😉

Abandon all reason

• Toronto and other big cities have started their lock down.

We are in red alert, which means restricted hours going out.

California is on lock down with a curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. thru December 21st. Where we live, San Bernardino county, the Sheriff says he's not going to enforce the curfew. He's referring people to the Joint Information Center to report public health violations.

• My mother got infected. For some days it looked like she did not have to go to hospital, but then we had to call the doctor. They said it's most likely getting worse and we have to prepare a decision what action has to be taken when that happens (i.e. do we want to send her to intensive carem put her in a coma etc, problem is that most likely would have caused damage to her brain oder other parts of the body). So we said no intensive care etc.

I'm quite happy that she managed to go through this and will be leaving hospital soon.

• My mother got infected. For some days it looked like she did not have to go to hospital, but then we had to call the doctor. They said it's most likely getting worse and we have to prepare a decision what action has to be taken when that happens (i.e. do we want to send her to intensive carem put her in a coma etc, problem is that most likely would have caused damage to her brain oder other parts of the body). So we said no intensive care etc.

I'm quite happy that she managed to go through this and will be leaving hospital soon.

Really pleased to hear your mother is doing a lot better. Looks like you made the correct decision. Hopefully she will make a full recovery. Thinking of you and the family

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

So sorry to hear that. Hope she recovers to full health and quickly. It must be a very stressful time. Take care and be well.

Very sorry to hear this news of your mother, Christian, but very happy that she's on the mend. Today is Thanksgiving Day in America. I am thankful for your Mom's recovery. Best wishes.

• Doom thought of the day: I can't see any way that Thanksgiving in the US could fail to result in a nuclear explosion of covid. Community spread is astronomically high everywhere and tens of millions of people have just gone and visited other people's homes. At least half the country truly believes it is a conspiracy designed to encroach on their freedom, and a large part of the sensible half let their guard down yesterday. The vaccine will come, but too late. The only way this won't be a disaster is if large parts have already reached herd immunity (like South Dakota maybe?).

On the bright side, there's Donald Trump and his tiny, tiny table.

• There's literally nothing that could be made up about this president or his presidency that would be more ridiculous than the real thing.

https://twitter.com/noahsparc/…/1332167163822567424?s=19

Hahahahahaha! I hadn't seen that. I've barely seen it now, it's so small.

I can think of two reasons for it:

1. An aide, secretly at the end of their tether, provided it as a metaphor for the diminishing patch of sand Trump is standing on as the tide closes in around him.

2. It makes his freakishly tiddly little hands look bigger.

Abandon all reason

• It's pure gold. Up there with the four seasons landscaping fiasco in my book. I favor theory 1... But he's so egotistical idea 2 certainly has merit!

• I got the moderna vaccine today, or the first dose at least. Pleased to report zero ill effects. I felt a bit spacey for an hour, but I'm certain that was in my head (ha ha). Four weeks till dose number two. Just want to let as many people know as I can that it was a piece of cake and nothing to worry about.

If I wake up bald or with two glowing orbs for eyes, I will certainly let you know.

• I got the moderna vaccine today, or the first dose at least. Pleased to report zero ill effects. I felt a bit spacey for an hour, but I'm certain that was in my head (ha ha). Four weeks till dose number two. Just want to let as many people know as I can that it was a piece of cake and nothing to worry about.

If I wake up bald or with two glowing orbs for eyes, I will certainly let you know.

I got the Moderna vaccine on 28 December. No side effects at all. Bad news is that both of my adult children (and their spouses) have recently been diagnosed with COVID.

• I got the Moderna vaccine on 28 December. No side effects at all. Bad news is that both of my adult children (and their spouses) have recently been diagnosed with COVID.

Hope they only have mild symptoms and soon get over it.

My brother and his partner have also tested positive and are going through some rough days at the moment

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• I hope everyone recovers quickly. Our adult daughter has had a tough time getting over it. Her family is having signs and symptoms as well. No smell or taste. Here in the states we have so many deniers.

• I hope everyone recovers quickly. Our adult daughter has had a tough time getting over it. Her family is having signs and symptoms as well. No smell or taste. Here in the states we have so many deniers.

I think vaccine uptake is going to be the defining conversation of the year. Here in Mass, 50% of first responders in one community said they wouldn't take it, and the chief of police said you couldn't pay him to take it. So the short term strategy is public health measures which are unpopular, unsustainable over any extended period of time and of limited efficacy, and the long term strategy is to immunize more than 70 to 80% of the population. So what happens if 50% say no to the vaccine?

I hope your family make a speedy recovery.

• Today, I can honestly say I'm ashamed to be an American. God save our way of life. We will never be the same. Acts of homegrown terrorism on our federal government, instigated by the President of the United States. This is treason - attempting to overturn a democratic election that he lost by more than 7 million votes. They used to hang criminals like this for much less. I hope our national Guard and military personnel are able to arrest as many of these people as possible, including Trump and his cabinet who have licked his ass for the past 4 years.

• Very depressed sad and desperate right now. My Father in Law and best friend died at the age of 83 on the morning of new years Eve . Robbed of his last few years of life by Covid. Having shielded more or less all year and shielding at home for weeks had to go hospital with a fixable heart problem and caught Covid whilst there. Dead 8 days after he tested positive. Am very angry at world. Hopeless govt and selfish stupid people to blame . It need not be as bad as this. I'm a support worker and have cared for a learning disabled man who had it and four staff went down with it. All survived. Am still negative so will visit Mrs Farmer tomorrow who has been isolating with her vulnerable mum for over a fortnight since her dad went in . I think the neighbours have been gossiping! All we wanted was for us all to survive this. It s bollocks. My parents in their 90s struggling with isolation all year , getting the vaccine on Sunday..One good thing. My mate , my wife's dad has just missed out..