Corona Virus - Stay Safe

• No, sorry for the confusion. I’m not questioning the veracity of the story. I’m questioning the sanity of the folks who believe all these crazy paranoid stories about the virus being a hoax, the vaccine causing those who receive it to grow a 3rd arm, etc.

My reply was to Murdoch, the meaning of your posts was fairly clear! Sorry for the confusion.

• My reply was to Murdoch, the meaning of your posts was fairly clear! Sorry for the confusion.

No need to apologize. I need to pay closer attention to who authors which replies. I thought Murdoch was replying to me. Talk about Land of Confusion!

• Are you questioning the veracity of the story?

No.

Did this poor guy really utter this following lie:

In 6 months, we’ve gone from the vax ending the pandemic—to you can still get covid even if vaxxed—to you can pass covid onto others even if vaxxed

sad sad sad

No!

• No.

Did this poor guy really utter this following lie:

In 6 months, we’ve gone from the vax ending the pandemic—to you can still get covid even if vaxxed—to you can pass covid onto others even if vaxxed

sad sad sad

Got it, sorry I misunderstood. Yes, apparently he did. It is sad. His mind, like many others, poisoned by disinformation with the worst possible outcome.

• No problem. Now we all know that one can get covid and pass it on to others even if vaxxed. Anyway, the real problem is mankind being split apart in two parts. Friends become enemies. The bad nature of all of us is revealed once again. Humanity is showing its true colors right now in a crisis. That really is the worst possible outcome.

No!

• After 5 years of arguing politics with friends and family and another year and a half of arguing over COVID I'm beyond exhausted. Thankfully I've managed to not get sick even though I'm un-vaccinated. I drink plenty of water, get lots of sleep, vitamin D and zinc, and I haven't turned the TV on in a LONG time (which I'm sure is one reason why I haven't completely lost my mind). I hardly know who or what to believe anymore, but I'm convinced that we'll get through this.

• After 5 years of arguing politics with friends and family and another year and a half of arguing over COVID I'm beyond exhausted. Thankfully I've managed to not get sick even though I'm un-vaccinated. I drink plenty of water, get lots of sleep, vitamin D and zinc, and I haven't turned the TV on in a LONG time (which I'm sure is one reason why I haven't completely lost my mind). I hardly know who or what to believe anymore, but I'm convinced that we'll get through this.

I hear ya regarding the conflict and arguing. I teach political science at a university in a rural area. You can imagine what that’s been like the last few years. Never a dull moment. I love my job but at this point I’m counting the days until I turn 67 in seven years and can retire. I’ve actually done research on retiring in Canada, which it appears is impossible unless you can brings tons of money with you (Understandably I guess they don’t want people who didn’t pay into the system via taxes to get their free national health care). I’ve also looked into Costa Rica. That appears more doable. I never thought I’d get to this point but truth is this country is coming apart at every nail.

• no. that is wrong.

we will see a postponement because of international refunds which are rising at ticketmaster.

In the US 83% of new cases and 97% of hospitalizations are among the unvaccinated. So yes, the resurgence has been significantly fueled by those who haven’t been vaccinated. Game, set and match scientific facts.

• These maps tell the story. Resurgences are absolutely the fault of people who won't get vaccinated, in large part because they have been indoctrinated by misinformation. We know breakthrough infections can occur, but that's the same as saying we know you can die in a car crash despite wearing a seatbelt.

I hope the tour works out for everyone but this would be much less complicated if everyone who is eligible had gotten vaccinated already!!

I'm supposed to see them (Genesis) in December and they (the powers that be!) are offering anyone who was vaccinated more than 8 months ago a booster shot. Fingers crossed.

• I love the colours of the maps. They are so beautiful. And they make people wrongly believe they did something right although it is only colours... Haven't I seen the same reddish-orange map for climate change proofs - that's hot and Hot Spots is even the same headline (= sustainability).

I also love black and white so I am looking for more idiotic maps that tell nothing but being maps for the maps sake.

Anyway. Aren't we all strong believers?!

If it would happen the tour start now was only one month away. But it won't.

Source: https://www.tonymappedit.com/average-iq-by-us-state-map/

No!

Edited 4 times, last by Murdock ().

• One thing to add in: NYT said there is also an issue of around 10% of the eligible US population for whom accessing a vax centre is quite difficult, and that this combined with the possibility of time off sick from work because of possible severity of side-effects (some get it worse than others) creates a drag-factor. Not everyone is a selfish vaxidiot.

I love the colours of the maps. They are so beautiful. And they make people wrongly believe they did something right although it is only colours... Haven't I seen the same reddish-orange map for climate change proofs - that's hot and Hot Spots is even the same headline (= sustainability).

I also love black and white so I am looking for more idiotic maps that tell nothing but being maps for the maps sake.

Anyway. Aren't we all strong believers?!

Just curious - you do know you're not just thinking this stuff to yourself, that you're actually writing it out and posting it here publicly? Thought I'd check...

Abandon all reason

• Haven't I seen the same reddish-orange map for climate change proofs

If you're talking about heat maps, then maybe? They are a very commonly used tool for data visualization. Otherwise it's a completely different topic and you haven't seen the "same reddish-orange map". The rest of your post is gibberish.

I am looking for more idiotic maps that tell nothing

There goes the old adage that a picture is worth a thousand words I suppose!

• Whaaaaat? If only you came with English subtitles.

• In the US 83% of new cases and 97% of hospitalizations are among the unvaccinated. So yes, the resurgence has been significantly fueled by those who haven’t been vaccinated. Game, set and match scientific facts.

This is not the case in UK though. Over 50's that are fully vaccinated have the highest rate of deaths.

• This is not the case in UK though. Over 50's that are fully vaccinated have the highest rate of deaths.

Deaths from covid, without association with existing conditions? Is this ONS, DHSC? (I don't mean those to sound like hectoring questions, just interested as I haven't seen these data).

Abandon all reason

• This is not the case in UK though. Over 50's that are fully vaccinated have the highest rate of deaths.

Yes, and 2/3 of under-50s in the UK who who have died from Covid were unvaccinated. Given that older people are more likely to have pre-existing conditions than younger people, it seems likely that variable (pre-existing conditions) helps to explain those mortality numbers for older people.

• Deaths from covid, without association with existing conditions? Is this ONS, DHSC? (I don't mean those to sound like hectoring questions, just interested as I haven't seen these data).

The article I just read quoted statistics from Public Health England (see my post above).

• I believe all those numbers. Will be analyzed in about 10 years. And only then we know. History repeats. World Health Organization declared the swine flu pandemic over 10 years ago. So the question is when they will end today's pandemic.

No!