What movie have you watched?

• I've never seen Endeavour so had no idea there was a MB-themed episode, I'll have to look out for it. That's the series with Roger Allam isn't it? One of my favourite actors.

Queen were an odd one for me. I really liked them as a kid, up to News of the World. After that, it wasn't as though I went off them as such, I more sort of drifted away from them and never came back. I still regard some of those 70s albums as containing a few of my favourite rock tracks of the time. I don't have any inclination to see the film though.

This week I'm aiming to see a few screenings at the Inverness Film Festival.

It does feature Roger Allam, and the episode in question is called "Nocturne"

I liked Queen up to Day at the Races, Queen 2 is my favourite of theirs and was, for a while, my favourite album.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Final Score - 2018

Stars: Aaron McCusker, Dave Bautista, Pierce Brosnan |

Being a West Ham fan, this brought me lots of joy...:) :love: This was shot at the West Ham’s Boleyn Ground, or Upton Park stadium 4 months after the last PL game, which was won by West Ham. :) The controlled explosions were real and they took out part of the stadium before demolition took place for real :( The film's producer was brought up in the area and is a West Ham fan himself so he knew all about the real demolition.

Dave Bautista knows nothing about West Ham despite his new film taking place at Upton Park

The Film!..........

After deadly terrorists abduct his niece at a soccer match at the West Ham stadium, an ex-soldier with lethal fighting skills wages a one-man war to save her and prevent mass destruction.

West Ham in a European Semi-Final?? After that, everything else seemed quite plausible, in comparison! ;)

Not a bad movie if you like action films with the Hammers playing against Russia. Lots of action here, only with some brutal, tactile fist/gun fights and a motorcycle chase through a stadium that is INSANE. Basically, this is Dave Bautista’s SUDDEN DEATH, only at a West Ham football match, where he’s battling Russian terrorists led by Ray Stevenson (while searching for a rogue Pierce Brosnan).

Edited once, last by Noni ().

• I've never seen Endeavour so had no idea there was a MB-themed episode, I'll have to look out for it. That's the series with Roger Allam isn't it? One of my favourite actors.

If you like that one, the Voyage of the Acolyte themed episode is also pretty good & you'll catch the occasional lyric in other episodes (yes, the writer is a Genesis fan).

• If you like that one, the Voyage of the Acolyte themed episode is also pretty good & you'll catch the occasional lyric in other episodes (yes, the writer is a Genesis fan).

Blimey that really is getting niche! I'm glad to learn of Genesis-themed stuff on TV though.

Abandon all reason

• I saw Bohemian Rhapsody last night & loved it. Sure, the chronology is tweaked a bit but the cast were good & it helped that they really looked like the people they were playing. Rami Malek looked less like Freddie, but he was excellent. I guess the real Roger & Brian wrote all their own characters’ lines! Critics complain it’s sanitised, but it didn’t duck Freddie’s lifestyle, given its 12A certificate. Of course the real plus is the music. I’d recommend any Queen fan to go & see it at a cinema with a large screen to appreciate the concert sequences, which won’t have such an impact if watched on a TV screen with the sound less than deafening.

• I saw Bohemian Rhapsody last night & loved it. Sure, the chronology is tweaked a bit but the cast were good & it helped that they really looked like the people they were playing. Rami Malek looked less like Freddie, but he was excellent. I guess the real Roger & Brian wrote all their own characters’ lines! Critics complain it’s sanitised, but it didn’t duck Freddie’s lifestyle, given its 12A certificate. Of course the real plus is the music. I’d recommend any Queen fan to go & see it at a cinema with a large screen to appreciate the concert sequences, which won’t have such an impact if watched on a TV screen with the sound less than deafening.

Might be going on Monday to see it

“Without music, life would be a mistake”

• Blimey that really is getting niche! I'm glad to learn of Genesis-themed stuff on TV though.

Incidentally, if you have Sky, it's available on the ITV hub, series 2, episode 2, though oddly, it's not on the ITV hub via the internet/smart TV.

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Ok, saw Bohemian Rhapsody today and yes, it is really nice. I wished it would have showed more details of the Queen history but it is understandable it focuses on Freddie Mercury in the first place - Brian, Roger and John always appear as a team except for one little scene when Freddie shows Roger his new house, also these three never seem to age and Roger still has his long hair in the 80s - nonetheless, the movie is good entertainment and everything about Freddie's private life looks authentic enough. I enjoyed it :)

• This last week I've been seeing some great stuff in the Inverness Film Festival, 5 main features some of which not due for UK theatrical release until next year, and two programmes of very impressive short films. I'll say more in a while but am getting ready for my Glasgow/Edinburgh King Crimson double header - on a 6.50 am train, then in Dundee later in the week for a mooch around.

Abandon all reason

• The Meg

After escaping an attack by what he claims was a 70-foot shark, Jonas Taylor must confront his fears to save those trapped in a sunken submersible

I Have a soft spot for Jason Statham, I love his movies, but the only movies I don't care for is Crank.

With Jason Statham

• I Have a soft spot for Jason Statham, I love his movies

I have the exact opposite feeling about him. He's one of those people whose popularity I can't fathom, but hey, he is clearly very popular so he's doing something right.

One with him in I don't mind is The Bank Job (I think it's called).

Abandon all reason

• ...except the "Crank" films are so over the top that they're hilarious! ^^

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• His fight scenes feel like they really hurt, the sound effects work really well.

John Wick too, love the choreography where the camera keeps the same shot while he moves from person to person.

Upgrade is the movie I watched recently, pretty cool reminds me of old school movies!

I do like Pixar movies too since I realise everything i reeled off is violent! hehe

• Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. A good spectacle especially in 3D cinema (or whatever it’s called) but the plot was long, laboured & not very interesting. If they want this franchise to last the full 7 films they’ll need to show us more beasts & less complicated character back-story. I couldn’t even work out what crimes Grindelwald was meant to have committed.

If you want a great evening out at the cinema go & see Bohemian Rhapsody instead! :)

• I'm planning to go and see The Mule which stars Clint Eastwood, his first role since Gran Torino... Based on a true story on drug smuggling... Due out here on the 14th I believe :)