Steve’s cheery little clips

• These are some lovely little pieces, the fifth one has just been uploaded by Steve -

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The rest can be found here -

https://www.youtube.com/user/h…ew=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=225

• Official Post

Yes

We've put a little page up on the site to collect them all

https://www.genesis-news.com/c…corona-pandemic-s775.html

cheers

Christian

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follow us on Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | BlueSky

Deutsch? Check our German Website

Check out our brand new WhatsApp Channel!

• I didn't want to start a new thread so have commandeered this one to post this Soundcloud clip of SH guesting in Elizabeth Fraser's show as part of Antony Johnson's Meltdown Festival in 2012. It seemed to me this hadn't been posted on this board, not that I could see anyway. Just shy of 2 minutes but very nice - Make Lovely.

I remember an interview in which she said she wanted a Steve Hackett-type guitar sound. After thinking about it, the search for a Steve Hacketty guitarist honed in on, er, Steve Hackett.

For those who don't know, Fraser was the singer of carefully-crafted gibberish in the Cocteau Twins. In this gig she covered This Mortal Coil's cover of Song To The Siren. Hackett would've been a brilliant accompanist for that.

Abandon all reason

• Funnily enough, I was thinking about this collaboration a week or two back, as the Cocteau Twins clip of Pearly Dewdrops Drops was on TV (BBC2 or 4).

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Funnily enough, I was thinking about this collaboration a week or two back, as the Cocteau Twins clip of Pearly Dewdrops Drops was on TV (BBC2 or 4).

Sorry I missed that, I like PDD and quite a few other Cocteaus songs. That atmospheric, ringing, reverb-y sound was quite striking at the time.

Abandon all reason

• I’m not bothered what he does with his hair - in fact I think he looks great for his age, but then I don’t have much hair to worry about. I’d like him to do something a bit different with his next album but even then I’ll take whatever we get and be glad he’s still active

• I’m not bothered what he does with his hair - in fact I think he looks great for his age, but then I don’t have much hair to worry about. I’d like him to do something a bit different with his next album but even then I’ll take whatever we get and be glad he’s still active

Completely with you on hoping he takes some different kind of direction with his next album. In fact I'd go as far as to say that would be the priority over changing his hair. BUT - just imagine if he actually did a really good very different new album.... and sorted out his hair. Now that would be phenomenal!

Abandon all reason

• Personally I have no problem with Steve's work as I'm a huge fan. Either way I don't mind the direction he takes. I'm sure it will be really good!......