I love Kate Bush!

• I'm sure Ian Anderson won't show up, either (if he's still alive!), when they finally induct Jethro Tull in about 2030. ^^

• When Knopfler didn't attend I was annoyed but I had to look at it from his perspective. What was really embarrassing about it was because he wouldn't attend, nobody would induct Dire Straits so they had to induct themselves.

I don't know about Ian Anderson. I think he would treat it as hugely ironic & just enjoy it.

• Interesting list there of musicians who have skipped their induction. I'm not actually too surprised at most of them.

I imagine if King Crimson were ever inducted that Fripp may pass on attending as well.

• I like a couple of tracks from Kate, but never really listened to an album in full. Nevertheless, I was think about buying the live one, which was released a couple of years ago. Would you recommend that to start with, instead of a studio album?

... make tomorrow today!

• I like a couple of tracks from Kate, but never really listened to an album in full. Nevertheless, I was think about buying the live one, which was released a couple of years ago. Would you recommend that to start with, instead of a studio album?

I honestly don't think any live album is representative of her whole career. You would be better off with The Whole Story or This Woman's Work which are compilations.

For what it's worth if I had to nominate a top ten of Kate's songs at this moment they would be:

1. Wuthering Heights

2. Running Up That Hill

3. Cloudbusting

4. Experiment IV

5. The Man With The Child In His Eyes

6. Army Dreamers

7. The Sensual World

8. Hammer Horror

9. Mrs Bartolozzi

10. Hounds Of Love

But these are mostly fairly 'mainstream' songs it must be said. Still I think they are a good introduction to her work.