I love Kate Bush!

• As on a genesis forum a tough one, but i think i can honestly say that HOL is one of my favourite albums and has been with me for so long. Clousbusting never fails to make me smile and the 9th wave is a work of art....but that is just my humble opinion

• Also not a fan of Kanye's! Though I used him as a convenience in another thread as someone else had already brought him up in that thread.

I have a vague memory of listening to an album of his about 15 years ago, but it's possible it's another artist I'm thinking of. Whatever album it was, it had a couple of interesting dark EDM type songs but clearly it wasn't enough to suck me in.

I found it! It was a Kanye album, 808s and Heartbreak. I had a quick listen and there's one track on it I remember from before, Welcome to Heartbreak that had the dark atmosphere I was talking about. However, most of the tracks have the vocals all vocodorized or whatever you call it and it's pretty awful.

On topic, I still haven't explored Kate Bush's catalogue as much as I'd want, but I love the Meg Myers cover of Running up the Hill I posted above. Placebo who I also like, also did one but it wasn't as good.

• I think her creative peak go goes from TKI to 5WFS though a dip with Lionheart. I saw the show and it was the perfect set list . Everyone there cared not a jot that so few hits were played in fact is made the show better. My personal favourite tends to be TSW and nothing from that was played live but I really didn't care as everything she does is just wonderful.

• I LOVE Kate Bush! Brilliant, well-spoken, creative as hell, unique, and gotta say sexy as HELL. I have a serious thing for that woman. She’s breathtaking. She was so great collaborating with PG! I love her first album the most. Man with the Child in his Eyes is my favorite tune.

The Man With The Child In Eyes! Now there's a song! One of my favourites. Though I can't make it out. Creepy or innocent? Love song about a man looking at child . KB? Or man that has a child within himself. Written when she 13! What hell is about? I tend to think innocent as I don't think a 13 year old girl would refer to herself as a child when talking about a man she has a crush on. ( Sleeps with or imagines she does!) Though it still feels creepy, a little chilling .

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I posted an earlier video of this interview, but it was poor quality.

This is much better!....;)

• Just looked at the current standings in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame official fan vote leaderboard to see Kate Bush is currently 16th & last! The New York Dolls who surely were really influential are only just ahead of her at 15th, & Todd Rundgren is only 9th.

Not that I think the RRHoF is important, I was just surprised at such low rankings :(

As this has been revived, vote for her again this year. She is ranking higher, so although she won't make the fan vote the powers that be may finally come to their senses.

• Not bothering to look back over the earlier discussion but if I recall correctly the consensus here is that the HoF is generally stupid and means very little. One year on, it's still stupid and means very little. If I were as famous as KB I'd not give a shite about being in it.

Abandon all reason

• As far as great BRITISH bands/artists are concerned, it's certainly a big joke.

(Then again, Tina Turner was inducted sixty years after her first single... :/)

• Kate is the greatest female musical talent the UK has ever produced. What I like about her, apart from her song writing, is the way she has conducted her career always on her own terms.

• I have just treated myself to a 4 box set of vinyl

Have you still got your original record player from the past.

I sold mine ages ago due to moving to Canada 1994. Used to have a B&O turntable.

My brother sold the unwanted vinyls I had he didn't want and kept the rest.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Kate is the greatest female musical talent the UK has ever produced. What I like about her, apart from her song writing, is the way she has conducted her career always on her own terms.

I liked this when I first read it but on reflection I have to disagree. Kate Bush is is the greatest solo artist the world has ever seen. She couldn't quite surpass the magic of the 5 collective individuals that made up Genesis but then again that is five against one. No doubt even when considering she is so small , she is head and shoulders above everyone else.

• I would expect she has been invited to headline at Glastonbury every year. Even guesting with another artist would be great, imagine her duetting with Paul McCartney.

I wouldn't want to see that and she likely wouldn't want to do it anyway.

Abandon all reason

• I would expect she has been invited to headline at Glastonbury every year. Even guesting with another artist would be great, imagine her duetting with Paul McCartney.

In some ways I'd love to see that, because I'd love to see her perform pretty much anywhere.

But I can't see it happening. For the Before the Dawn shows she deliberately chose a pretty intimate venue, instead of the Enormodomes she could easily have sold out.

It would appear she values the intimacy of a smaller venue. A choice which paid off. Just ask any of the lucky sods (like me) who saw those shows.

It was, with all respect to Genesis, the greatest live show I've ever seen.

Sorry, bit of a KB ramble there.

• Dave Gilmour should play Glastonbury and invite Kate to sing on a couple of songs. She is perhaps more likely to appear with him and reprise their performance at the Secret Policeman's Ball in 1987 (Running Up That Hill), and The Royal Festival Hall in 2002 (Comfortably Numb).

• Absolutely agree on all counts

• Sure she has been invited to Glastonbury. I was joking the other about her now being the biggest selling Artist in the world so she will be on the bill!

Can't imagine for a second that she would ever do anything like that. I would be livid if she did . I won't be there.

• Sure she has been invited to Glastonbury. I was joking the other about her now being the biggest selling Artist in the world so she will be on the bill!

Can't imagine for a second that she would ever do anything like that. I would be livid if she did . I won't be there.

A full on Genesis reunion (highly unlikely) and Kate Bush headlining Glastonbury (even unlikelier!) are just about the only things which could persuade me to go to Glasto.!