Listing to ... one hell of a playlist!

• Recently I have created a playlist with all the studio albums (except CAS and FGTR). But I included from The Extra Tracks:

. 76-81

. On The Shorline / Hearts On Fire / Do The Neurotic / Feeding The Fire / I'd Rathe Be You

. Twilight Alehouse / Happy The Man

. Shephed / Pacidy / Let Us Now Make Love (All BBC Nightride 1970)

I put this playlist on shuffle and still get surprised because I get to hear songs I normally skip or to which I don't make much attention. And... I never get bored of it.

(By the way, it contains 151 songs and has a during of 13 hours and 35 minutes)

Who else has this sort of list?

• I have something similar. One thing I always get a kick out of is going from a more recent track like way of the world (just for example) and then a moment's silence then something really old and different like white mountain or something comes on and it's the SAME band.

• I have something similar. One thing I always get a kick out of is going from a more recent track like way of the world (just for example) and then a moment's silence then something really old and different like white mountain or something comes on and it's the SAME band.

As I say, I can't abide shuffling, but in programming my compilations I like those contrasts. eg on disc 2 of my compilation it goes straight from Salmacis to Misunderstanding. It was partly a call back to a 1982 gig when they went from Supper's Ready to Misunderstanding. It was a jarring but in some ways smart move.

This also links to my intense dislike of chronological compilations where the dull linear programming means you don't get the pleasure of pairings from different eras.

Abandon all reason