Where are you from?

• I’m originally from ‘oop norff’. Now in London, UK but I travel a lot...and I mean...a lot. So don’t be surprised if you find me in your wardrobe. I’m getting better in there! 😂

~ My talents may not be obvious but they are always...always...delicious! ~

• I’m a Lancashire lad. There’s an old wardrobe stuffed with fur coats near Corporation park, Blackburn. I’m still found in there from time to time 😂

Edited once, last by Gabble Ratchet ().

• I’m a Lancashire lad. There’s an old wardrobe stuffed with fur coats near Corporations park, Blackburn. I’m still found in there from time to time 😂

4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire....

:S

First we learned to walk on water.

Then we tried something harder.

- Red Seven -

• 4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire....

:S

Indeed! I was always proud of that musical connection, though never noticed any potholes whilst growing up there. They’d obviously fixed them by the time I became familiar with this song. Funnily enough, I remember a teacher at school misquoting the song during one of the ‘sermons’ we used to have to endure during morning Assemby. He thought the lyric said ‘4000 whores..’ and then went on a rant to try and mould our moral character. I still smile at that to this day. 😂

• Indeed! I was always proud of that musical connection, though never noticed any potholes whilst growing up there. They’d obviously fixed them by the time I became familiar with this song. Funnily enough, I remember a teacher at school misquoting the song during one of the ‘sermons’ we used to have to endure during morning Assemby. He thought the lyric said ‘4000 whores..’ and then went on a rant to try and mould our moral character. I still smile at that to this day. 😂

Freudian slip, perhaps? ;)

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• Leamington Spa, Warwickshire UK.... Have West Ham blood inside me, so the colour of my blood is claret. :D My parents, grandparents are all from West Ham Area.

Moved to Canada(Ontario) 1994 after spending 14 years in the Royal Air Force.

• I believe you have had a mysterious double death in Inverness, but no further news of it?

I'm responding to the above question from this post here, as it seemed more appropriate.

I gather a man has been arrested in connection with these deaths. The day before it happened I'd been on my daily walk, confidently re-tracing a new route but turning up just one different street took me way off course and I ended up walking along Balloan Road where the deaths occurred, in a suburb on the southern edge of the city. It was odd to then see that very spot on the news the following day.

It's apparently the first double killing in Inverrness since 1973. I haven't yet seen any further detail about the circumstances of this recent incident. Neighbours of the two men are very upset, saying they were well-liked locally. An injured woman was also found at the scene. All rather horrible. And to think, as i walked past the house, those men had no idea they only had another 24 hours to live - it makes me shudder.

Abandon all reason

• I'm responding to the above question from this post here, as it seemed more appropriate.

I gather a man has been arrested in connection with these deaths. The day before it happened I'd been on my daily walk, confidently re-tracing a new route but turning up just one different street took me way off course and I ended up walking along Balloan Road where the deaths occurred, in a suburb on the southern edge of the city. It was odd to then see that very spot on the news the following day.

It's apparently the first double killing in Inverrness since 1973. I haven't yet seen any further detail about the circumstances of this recent incident. Neighbours of the two men are very upset, saying they were well-liked locally. An injured woman was also found at the scene. All rather horrible. And to think, as i walked past the house, those men had no idea they only had another 24 hours to live - it makes me shudder.

I picked up on this story on Teletext (I'm one of the last 2 people in the UK using it! ;)) but after a brief description of early coverage, have seen or heard no more. Bit of a shocker in what is generally a quiet part of the world. Bizarre!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!