Mass Shootings In Canada

• Canada shooting: Gunman kills at least 18 in Nova Scotia (Canada)

A gunman disguised as a policeman killed at least 18 people, including a female Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) officer, in the worst mass shooting in Canada's modern history.

RCMP Constable Heidi Stevenson, who had served in the force for 23 years, was among those killed.

Sad news indeed!.....:(

• It always especially stuns me when something like this happens outside of the US. We have our disasters due to an inadequate number of laws and inadequate enforcement of the laws that do exist. Canada has always been more proactive, admirably so, in this regard.

Was the gunman captured? From how you described it, this definitely was premeditated. A person dressing up as a policeman kills a mountie and at least 17 others - that's just sick. :(

Stepping out the back way, hoping nobody sees...

• It always especially stuns me when something like this happens outside of the US. We have our disasters due to an inadequate number of laws and inadequate enforcement of the laws that do exist. Canada has always been more proactive, admirably so, in this regard.

Was the gunman captured? From how you described it, this definitely was premeditated. A person dressing up as a policeman kills a mountie and at least 17 others - that's just sick. :(

He was eventually killed!....

• As I understand it, unless I'm misreading the coverage, across a (12-hour?) period as well as the shootings he also set light to some houses, which led to some of the deaths.

It's all unspeakably horrible. Yes it's surprising for Canada but ultimately wherever it happens it's horrifying and tragic.

In a way, I don't want to know who this scumbag was and why he did it. It angers me when you see detailed media coverage of these murderous lowlifes and their history. They don't deserve it, they shouldn't have our attention. There are victims and their surviving loved ones, who are the ONLY people who should be in our thoughts.

Abandon all reason