TV shows you love

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Have I Got News To You... Love This show from last week

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Look at the title thread, I thought about it! :)

I'm sure but as you listed some recent HIGNFYs it just felt like what TV shows you've watched recently.

If it's meant to be the shows you've loved most I'd say The Wire, Broadchurch, The Singing Detective, Seinfeld, The Thick Of It.

Abandon all reason

• I'm sure but as you listed some recent HIGNFYs it just felt like what TV shows you've watched recently.

If it's meant to be the shows you've loved most I'd say The Wire, Broadchurch, The Singing Detective, Seinfeld, The Thick Of It.

I don't watch those shows you listed, but prefer comedy.. However, I do love Seinfeld :)

• CURRENT:

Blacklist

Real Time with Bill Maher

Westworld

Pioneer Woman

Blue Bloods

Saturday Night Live

Rock and Roll Road Trip with Sammy Hagar

Little People, Big World

The Big Interview with Dan Rather

When Calls The Heart

The Marvelous Mrs. Maiselle

Better Call Saul

Barry

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Manifest

Rock Legends

Bob's Burgers

Our Cartoon President

Family Guy

The Simpsons

OLDER SHOWS AND RERUNS

Doc Martin

Alfred Hitchcock Presents

The Rifleman

The Monkees

Leave It To Beaver

Green Acres

Madam Secretary

Keeping Up Appearances

Absolutely Fabulous

The Avengers (with Emma Peel and John Steed) not the superhero series

Fawlty Towers

Ballykissangel

Downton Abbey

Eastenders

Father Ted

The Young Ones

Benny Hill

Mr. Bean

Jonathan Creek

Cracker

The Naked Chef

The Dick Van Dyke Show

Laugh-In

The Bob Newhart Show

The Andy Griffith Show

Get Smart

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Bewitched

...and on and on...

• I meant to add in to all-time most loved, the one-off BBC drama series State Of Play, from the early 2000s. A really intelligent well-written media and politics drama.

No-one so far apparently has any love for factual shows. At its peak in the 70s to early 90s the BBC science documentary series Horizon was a great factual show that examined a wide range of topics. One episode in about 1978 was a huge influence on me. It meticulously looked at the absurd work of Erich von Dainiken and his preposterous claims that human civilisation has been helped along by visiting aliens. They interviewed him, allowed him to waffle on about his nonsense, then systematically took him apart, disproving one claim after another until he was red-faced and angry. I was 13 and already interested in science (I then studied it and worked in it) and it really taught me about analysing things and the use of evidence.

Abandon all reason