Your favorite PHIL COLLINS studio album

Yes, the review in Q magazine at the time also presumed it was about Jill, describing the sentiment as "dutiful" rather than sincere. Overall, the magazine gave the album a good review (they described I've Forgotten Everything as "nearly perfect" if I remembr rightly), they just didn't like the political/social stance on some of the lyrics, describing Phil as "not a naturally political cove".

Very interesting. Do you know if this article from Q magazine is available to review online? Thanks again.

• Very interesting. Do you know if this article from Q magazine is available to review online? Thanks again.

I'm not sure. I have a collection of magazines in the loft (no, not those sort of magazines!), lovingly kept in good condition. I must speak with Christian and see if there's any way these things can photocopied and then uploaded onto the main site. The Q magazine had a great interview with Phil as well as the review and also ten questions that he had to answer (like "when did you last punch someone").

'm not sure. I have a collection of magazines in the loft (no, not those sort of magazines!), lovingly kept in good condition. I must speak with Christian and see if there's any way these things can photocopied and then uploaded onto the main site. The Q magazine had a great interview with Phil as well as the review and also ten questions that he had to answer (like "when did you last punch someone").

That sounds awesome! If you are able to find them and able to share that would be so cool.

One other question I was thinking about and couldn't remember Phil addressing it in his autobiography, but how is his daughter's relationship with him after all of this? Do they still talk? Did she like the song Survivor or feel it was upsetting for her?

• That sounds awesome! If you are able to find them and able to share that would be so cool.

One other question I was thinking about and couldn't remember Phil addressing it in his autobiography, but how is his daughter's relationship with him after all of this? Do they still talk? Did she like the song Survivor or feel it was upsetting for her?

Last year she sent him an Instagram message on his birthday. I assume they are close.

• Last year she sent him an Instagram message on his birthday. I assume they are close.

Everyone sends Phil an Instagram message on his birthday!

I think it's safe to assume that his daughter did a little bit more than that for the old man.

Yes, they're close. She's been interviewed on the subject about their parents splitting when they were so young. Obviously, it was hard at the time but that's all in the past now.

• Everyone sends Phil an Instagram message on his birthday!

I think it's safe to assume that his daughter did a little bit more than that for the old man.

Yes, they're close. She's been interviewed on the subject about their parents splitting when they were so young. Obviously, it was hard at the time but that's all in the past now.

Well yes, of course she would have done more than that. I don't follow her on social media. I just saw the post she sent to his page.

• ...But Seriously without a doubt. This album was different of the three first albums, because this album included more political songs. Aside with Face Value, this album was her most varied style, included hard rock (Colours), dance-pop (Hang is Long Enough), RnB (All of my Life) jazz (Saturday Night and Sunday Morning) and gospel (I Wish It Would Rain Down). And Another Day in Paradise was her prelude of her Both SIdes album. The song was very dark, sadness and her opening was very strange, dark and mysterious and her various ambiances of this song add a dark ambiance of this song. This song was not a ballad, not a dancing song, and this song included varied styles (RnB, Pop, ballad and rock). Her most original song of the album.

Also, Face Value and Both Sides was also my tea time of him. Another Day in Paradise and We Fly so Close was my two favorites songs of him. We Fly so Close was a hugely beauty, the beauty of the guitar, the raw emotion of Phil, her moody ambiance, her spiritial ambiance all the time during this song, the the calm ambiance and the rage of his voice, the best song of the album and one of the best songs of him. I am hugely in love with this song of this album was a haunting ballad. I prefer Both Sides to No Jacked Required.

• Official Post

Also, Face Value and Both Sides was also my tea time of him. Another Day in Paradise and We Fly so Close was my two favorites songs of him. We Fly so Close was a hugely beauty, the beauty of the guitar, the raw emotion of Phil, her moody ambiance, her spiritial ambiance all the time during this song, the the calm ambiance and the rage of his voice, the best song of the album and one of the best songs of him. I am hugely in love with this song of this album was a haunting ballad. I prefer Both Sides to No Jacked Required.

interesting perspective. Funny enough, I was listeing to We Fly So Close as well the other day and thought what a great track that was! I completely forgot about that

• I am going to have to say Face Value because to be honest it is the only one of his solo albums I have listened to.

I loved that album but when I listened to the singles of the following albums, although I thought they were excellent, they just didn't make me want to buy the albums, although I have always loved Brand X,

After seeing this thread I have bought the "Take A Look At Me Now" set and am going to listen to all his albums and them maybe post back,

I have always been a "Peter Gabriel era" Genesis fan and kind of lost interest in the other members solo work, apart from Steve Hackett, but I am starting to listen to Tony Banks and Mike Rutherford's solo work and am really enjoying it.

• Hello I must be going for me. I listen to it the most, love the sparse sound and atmosphere on I don't care anymore and thru these walls. Has such a different creative energy and aggressive edge that you might never suspect if you only knew sussudio and can't hurry love.

Second the love for Fly So Close! Love that song.

• Second the love for Fly So Close! Love that song.

Yes, this song, i like it the first time i heard this song on Youtube. But for the second listen, totally loved in this song and this song, aside with Another Day in Paradise, was my favorite of him of all the songs of his career. Both Sides was a album very more dark to Face Value or Hello... I Must Be Going, and also apart or her albums studios. This album was not so commercial, i like the songs of the albums except We sons or our fathers (a horror this song) and I've Forgiven Everything. I search in stores the deluxe CD to buy this CD because it's was so difficult in Canada to find this album outside amazon or Ebay. If you listen Both Sides, it play like a album for a art and not for radios stations, because this album need a watchful listen each time and listen many times before to appreciate this album. This is the reason why this album was not successful at the time of released, but gained more reconnassance with the years. For me, the first time, it's not totally entered in the album when i listen the songs in Youtube, but the second time, it's was incredible the sensation this album when i listen because each songs (except two song to not like at all) of the album, this album was equal in my range with Face Value. Very different to my experience when i listen Face Value and ...But Seriously.

• We Fly So Close may indeed be one of his most underrated tracks, such as Both Sides as an album. When the album came out many years ago, I was in a really strange mood. My frist longer relationship didn't work anymore and I wasn't too pleased with my job situation either. Some family issues on top and I found myself in a strange mixture of frustration, lack of hope and looking for the right way. Both Sides had this special "down" feeling and it quickly reached my emotions. I will always like this album, but I would never say it's his "best" record. It may be his most important record for me.

some are wise ... and some otherwise

• I listen the songs of Testify on Youtube. I said No Jacket Required was my least favorites of him, but this album was less more to No Jacked Required and Dance Into the light (i didn't like so much the two albums) and i not like at all this album and worse compared to No Jacket Required and Dance into the Light. In fact, to date, Both Sides was her last very good album,This album was not so accesible, but most of the songs of the album was very good or excellent, like the rock-styled Both Sides of the Story and We Wait and We Wonder, Survivors annonced the flavor of the sountrack of Tarzan with her african style, Can't Turn Back the Years was a good RnB ballad and a good song about the looking in the past. But the best was We Fly so Close, my second favorite of him of his career and a incredible ballad. Dance into the light was a so-so album (like No Jacket Required) and Testify, depiste few songs, was very bad and not so good.

We Fly So Close may indeed be one of his most underrated tracks, such as Both Sides as an album. When the album came out many years ago, I was in a really strange mood. My frist longer relationship didn't work anymore and I wasn't too pleased with my job situation either. Some family issues on top and I found myself in a strange mixture of frustration, lack of hope and looking for the right way. Both Sides had this special "down" feeling and it quickly reached my emotions. I will always like this album, but I would never say it's his "best" record. It may be his most important record for me.

Although I can't complete relate to your situation, I was also going through some crappy stuff in my life in the last year and found solace in the Both Sides album. I was listening to it a lot to help ease some of the hardships that were going on. I now put this album on the same level as another dark album that was always helpful to ease the challenges of life, Eric Clapton's Pilgrim album. Not sure if anyone here ever listened to it, but it is definitely a different style EC. And yet the lyrics and especially the music, like Both Sides hit me in many ways with the crap that was going on in my life.

• When I bought the re-mixed albums recently, I stopped at Dance Into The Light and consequently never heard what Nick Davis did with Testify. Maybe it's time I gave the album another go?

YES, YOU SHOULD!

High Flying Angel alone is reason enough to get Testify's 2CDs version.

I wonder why it was not included in the album's original version.

Anyway, Testify is a good album.

• Wasting your breath, he's no longer here, he was banned. Might be worth looking at the date of postings before replying!

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• It changes for me...but looking back over the last several years, I'd say it's No Jacket Required. It's the one that contains the songs I most remember from my childhood. I was four or five when NJR came out, and I have memories of being in a restaurant or the car when I was a little kid and hearing One More Night come on-back when every 10th song on the radio was Phil Collins or Genesis. I have a very specific memory of my mom washing dishes when I was in kindergarten and Sussudio came on the radio. So there's a lot of nostalgic value there for me. Not to mention, it was seeing the music video for Take Me Home when I was about 12 when I officially acknowledged myself to be a "PC fan."

NJR is also one of the few albums where I genuinely like (at least to some extent) every song.