Fish - final "Weltschmerz" album

• Official Post

I am actually really really looking forward to this album. Looks like it will be a great one. I like the reduced arrangement of the ballad and can't wait to hear the rest of the Weltschmerz album.

• I live the track Garden of remembrance. Such a stunning and emotional ballad

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Christian

Changed the title of the thread from “Fish - final "Weltmscherz" album” to “Fish - final "Weltschmerz" album”.
  • This video was released a while ago

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

and Man with a stick was released a year ago or so (or even earlier than that). so far, all great tracks!

• Third track "The party is over" now available - and the album will be out soon!

... make tomorrow today!

• Official Post

I'm really excited! Reviews are excellent. Can't wait!

• My two cents worth.

I'm not a Fish (or Marillion) fan - just haven't listened to either enough, and am honestly not really inspired to delve any deeper.

But out of curiosity, having heard that it was to be his last, and seeing some videos listed in my Youtube feed, I listened to his new Weltschmerz album and after a couple of days of casual listening came to the conclusion....that it is outstanding. Simply outstanding.

"Rose of Damascus" and "Waverley Steps" are superb musical journeys, deeply involving and wonderfully put together, "Garden of Remembrance" is utterly, gorgeously heartbreaking, and "Walking on Eggshells" and "Man With a Stick" are memorably excellent too, with the remainder being at worst, merely very good. It really is a fantastic album, and if this is Fish signing off, then in my (completely uninformed, therefore relatively useless) opinion, then he is doing so in superb fashion.

• Official Post

still waiting for my copy. Really looking forward to this!

• My two cents worth.

It really is a fantastic album, and if this is Fish signing off, then in my (completely uninformed, therefore relatively useless) opinion, then he is doing so in superb fashion.

Got this last week and gave it only 1 spin. Need to give it another in a few days time, so far I like it. :)

• Official Post

So ...

Been listening to that album a lot and I still try to figure out where this stands in Fish's discography.

I enjoy a couple of track, like the title track, Walking On Eggshells or Garden Of Remembrance.

Bus especially he longer tunes Rose of Damascus and Waverley Steps leave me cold.

Little Man What Now, in contrast, is much simpler, but also much better.

So what are your thought about Weltschmerz?

• I have the album. Don’t play it very often but Little man what now and waverly steps are great tracks. I agree that Rose of Damascus is less interesting than expected.

Fish did stronger albums in the past (Vigil, Raingods etc)