GENESIS - UK/Ireland Tour 2020 rescheduled for FALL 2021

• Hi! Yes I’m from outside of Philadelphia. I can honestly say that I’ve never seen a Genesis cover band, but would love too! I was looking for when the Musical Box may be playing again, that’s good to know. I’ll have to check them out. I’ve heard that they are top notch!

TMB is superb! They are doing an unusual setlist this time around. The first half of the concert will be stuff from 1976-78. The second half will be Gabriel-era material (they usually do strictly Gabriel-era tours).. The show is November 27 at the Keswick. The Genesis Show concert is slated for somewhere in NJ. I saw them in Colllingswood, NJ a couple of years ago. I wore my Baltimore Ravens sweatshirt. The guy at the door looked at it and said “Daaaaamn. Coming all the way up here? You are a hardcore fan!” They did the Encore Tour that night. I’ve also seen them put on the W&W tour a couple of times. They definitely didn’t disappoint. This next show is supposed to be the Three Sides Live album start to finish followed by select numbers from the Six of the Best benefit concert Genesis did with Gabriel in 1982.

• This is a 6 hour drive from me. Could I say I'm going out to get some milk?

You could if you said you were going in a British Milk Float. Look them up on Google. Frankly, 6 hours would be opyimistic! ^^

Ian

Putting the old-fashioned Staffordshire plate in the dishwasher!

• This is a 6 hour drive from me. Could I say I'm going out to get some milk?

Easiest way is to break down any resistance from the inside. In my case my girlfriend went from “Oh yeah, Genesis. I love Invisible Touch!”

to her loving Supper’s Ready as much as I do. Rare is the day when we don’t listen to that song, with her singing along note for note (she has a great singing voice). Her new-found love of all eras of Genesis music plus turning it into an excuse to stay overnight in a hotel near the venue seals the deal :)

• With Elbow rescheduling there tour to 2022, Genesis are now the first bands to play the 3Arena in Dublin since the start of the pandemic

Very hard to see the shows going ahead as planned and its extremely possible the UK shows will go ahead with the Dublin ones cancelled because of the extremely cautious approach the Irish Government are adopting

• TMB is superb! They are doing an unusual setlist this time around. The first half of the concert will be stuff from 1976-78. The second half will be Gabriel-era material (they usually do strictly Gabriel-era tours)..

I saw TMB in London a couple of years ago doing a set similar to what you have described. I think the vocalist struggles a bit with the Phil Collins era songs as they seemed to do mostly instrumental stuff from 1976-78. Then the usual things from the Peter Gabriel time. My friends girlfriend thought it was the worst gig she had ever been to as she only really knows the hits! I enjoyed it though. Well worth going if you are a fan.

• Official Post

With Elbow rescheduling there tour to 2022, Genesis are now the first bands to play the 3Arena in Dublin since the start of the pandemic

Very hard to see the shows going ahead as planned and its extremely possible the UK shows will go ahead with the Dublin ones cancelled because of the extremely cautious approach the Irish Government are adopting

I expect something similar, perhaps the Ireland shows will be done later when they will tour mainland Europe. But I also think the UK shows are far from Being safe and I am worried that non UK residents will be excluded from these shows (if they took place) for one reason or the other.

• So here in Ireland it's been announced that indoor gatherings have been paused

Looking strongly that then Dublin dates will be cancelled if as expected the UK shows can go ahead

Fuming at the pathetic response to the new variant in Ireland

• Stubborn management will have to accept reality of UK and postpone all the dates. Or maybe they should just keep the dates and change the venues to Netherlands or Poland or Ukraine. Anyway, I expect an official statement next week. Late as always.

No!

• Hey LL. Are you in PA? I thought you may have mentioned PA in one of your posts. The reason I’m bringing it up is to ask you if you’ve ever seen the Genesis cover bands that play the Keswick Theater just outside Philly? In addition to the renowned cover band the Musical Box I’ve seen the cover band The Genesis Show several times. They cover the 1976-1982 era and put on a helluva show. I’m proud to say that I’ve converted my girlfriend into a hardcore Genesis freak. We are seeing the MB in November a week after we see Genesis in Washington, DC (we live on the lower eastern shore of MD) and have tix for TGS as well, though that show is still being rescheduled. Long story short if you haven’t seen those bands (especially the Genesis Show) I highly recommend checking them out!

Thank you :). Former bassist/12-string guitarist of the Genesis Show.

• Thank you :). Former bassist/12-string guitarist of the Genesis Show.

Awesome! You’re welcome :) Honestly I enjoy The Genesis Show concerts more that The Musical Box. They are both great but I enjoy the “looseness” of TGS on stage. It’s more like a really good rock concert and less like a solemn event.

• Stubborn management will have to accept reality of UK and postpone all the dates. Or maybe they should just keep the dates and change the venues to Netherlands or Poland or Ukraine. Anyway, I expect an official statement next week. Late as always.

not sure if they are stubborn. If the UK will get back to normal 100% by mid September, the shows are possible. In the end they have to accept what the government decides. Numbers don't look that good right now, that's right...

some are wise ... and some otherwise

• If you think Governments in the UK are bad look at them in the Republic Of Ireland. Only country in Europe to not allow indoor dining and drinking. Latest is they may bring in a covid pass/cert if they are to open indoor hospitality (only the fully vaccinated will be allowed drink/eat inside). Outdoor gig limits of 500 and 50/100 indoors

Hopefully we will get clarity of the tour very soon.

• They can't simply choose to keep dates but put shows on in different countries. Venues this size are booked months, possibly even years in advance. Venues will have bookings from multiple artists wanting to get back to live performance.

This is why sometimes whole tours are postponed or cancelled.....Westlife might have been able to go ahead with their big UK shows this autumn but were planning a European tour. All the European dates had to be rescheduled so they had to dispense with the UK dates too.

Genesis, you may notice, have only announced UK, Ireland and USA dates. If they do need to reschedule Ireland, the UK and US may well go ahead. Vaccination rates are good in both countries, live gigs are already taking place on smaller scales in both (though I do know the USA never really understood the level of restrictions we have had to endure).

The reason no European dates have been announced is because they know they can't do that yet. With just a bit of luck the UK dates will go ahead....but it will depend on what Boris says later this month and if any restrictions remain.

• looking good for England who plan to go back to 'close to normal' from the 19th July

I think we will go back to nearly normal on 19th July.

Cases have risen from 2,000 per day to 25,000 but Boris cant see anything in the data to suggest not opening up completely.

• I've already been to my first post-lockdown gig. OK it was a small venue at 40% capacity but it's a start.

People get worried every time another band/artist cancels a concert this autumn but we need to remember that these other cancelled/rescheduled gigs all seem to be part of large European tours. It's highly likely that all the anticipated Autumn continental European dates had to be rescheduled thus rendering a few UK dates unviable too.

Genesis look to be doing IRL (hopefully) and the UK then hopping to the USA which is itself already seeing concerts. I would anticipate an announcement about Spring 2022 European dates at some point. Remember always that the venues Genesis want to play will be heavily in demand by many other artists and the scheduling is no easy thing. Phil had to book the RAH two years in advance for his comeback in 2017.